Pepper pics from mid Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper pics from mid Kansas

Here is a picture of my daughter next to my Paprikas. As you can see they are at least 6' tall and still growing. Two plants should give me all I need.

Because they are loaded with pepps. Already dried a dozen or so ripe ones.

Here is mamma's sweet peppers. Its a sweet chocolate hyb. The peppers are in there, you just cant see em. When ripe they are a beautiful dark brown and sweet as can be...

The short plants in the middle (only 4' tall) are called Volcano. A mildly hot pepper about 7" long turning from yellow to red. They should make some good stuffers or roasters. So far they have just been added to salsas.

And of course the Jalapenos. Already picked at least a pound also for salsa. These plants are fillin up nicely....Mmmm ABTs...

These are called Lemon Drop. A small thin walled pepper that I dry and grind into powder. Yellow in color they make a great sub for cayenne. And hotter too. They are just gettin started but will give me multiple pounds before the seasons end. The plants are wider than they are tall. All three of them.

Here are the Habeneros. Red Savina that is...Already picked about 2 puonds for salsa and some more for drying. These things are going nuts! On the left you can see the tomatoes are suffering from spider mites and heat. Not lookin so purty but still producing.

And here is a picture of my Bhut. Actually Bhuts...2 of them...They are supposed to grow to about 2.5 ft tall. These are at 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide. They are supposed to be hard to get them to set fruit but I've not found that to be the case. Added 10 of them to my "wild sauce" last weekend. Evil Wicked Mean and Nasty!

Well thanks for takin the tour of my little pepper patch. Thats how we do it in Kansas...
    Craig
    sigpic

Wow on them paprika's I never realized they gotr that tall. I need to get some seeds for those. Nice assortment you have there alittle something for everyone.

Comment

Super nice pepper garden. Very inspiring.
      Keith

Comment

Nice pepper pics. I need to get a garden going one of these days. Yours looks great.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Really some nice plants.. Im jealous..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Holy $hit Freak, I'm moving to Kansas! Here in Michigan my bell peppers never get over 24" and those are the tallest peppers inmy garden. My habs never get over 1 ft and my japs around 18". My Bhuts right now are only about 10" and just started blossoming. I think the tallest pepper plant I ever grew was a 3 ft chiltepin.

Amazing garden Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
              Holy $hit Freak, I'm moving to Kansas! Here in Michigan my bell peppers never get over 24" and those are the tallest peppers inmy garden. My habs never get over 1 ft and my japs around 18". My Bhuts right now are only about 10" and just started blossoming. I think the tallest pepper plant I ever grew was a 3 ft chiltepin.

Amazing garden Guy.
              Chef, it aint fair to compare Michigan to Kansas. Your season starts so much later and ends earlier Im sure...

I rember being so jealous of the Tx. and La. folks who were showing ripe maters in June...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                Chef, it aint fair to compare Michigan to Kansas. Your season starts so much later and ends earlier Im sure...

I rember being so jealous of the Tx. and La. folks who were showing ripe maters in June...

Lets not go there.. Mine sucked..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Lets not go there.. Mine sucked..
                  Oops...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post

Amazing garden Guy.
                    yea what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
                    oh $hit never mind i live in mid kansas & mine dont look near that good, but better than they have in years oh well thanks for the pics.
                    let me know bout the paparica never tried growen that.
                    Terry here
                    Still have Christene

Comment

Wow, that is one heck of a pepper garden....

Would that be the Bhut Jolokia as well you are talking about? I have them but didn't grow them.

Also, I had no idea paprika plants got that big.
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                        yea what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
                        oh $hit never mind i live in mid kansas & mine dont look near that good, but better than they have in years oh well thanks for the pics.
                        let me know bout the paparica never tried growen that.
                        First time for the paps here.
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                          Wow, that is one heck of a pepper garden....

Would that be the Bhut Jolokia as well you are talking about? I have them but didn't grow them.

Also, I had no idea paprika plants got that big.
                          I didnt know what to expect from the paps... they are a sweet paprika I think... And yes they are Bhut Jolokia aka. ghost pepper... Havent had a ripe one yet but from what I can tell, you should be afraid...or not...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Man...you musta got a hybrid....nice plant's. Gonna do some pap's....maybe the squirells will take a different outlook on Louie's jap's.
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                              Havent had a ripe one yet but from what I can tell, you should be afraid...or not...
                              I would say be a little cautious. I have them dehydrated. I munch on them from time to time, small bites. Once you get a seed, you know what you have. Frankly, I really haven't figured out what to do with them yet as a little goes a very long way at that scoville rating.

Since that's the top of the pepper food chain, the buck stops there I guess.
                              Pete
                              Large BGE
                              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                              X