SV Corned Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV Corned Beef

Had these in the freezer, and the sous vide was already set up so I figured why not. Was planning on 135 for 48 hours, ended up going 72 because I got busy last night. Just left them sealed in the bag they came in. After 72 hours, opened the bag, and cold shocked the meat directly in the ice water dor 2 hours to knock down the salt a little. Then patted dry, seasoned with Tatonka dust, and smoked at 250 until reaching 135. It was almost to tender, some slices didn't stay together very well, but WOW was it tasty and juicy. Had a bunch of people over and it disappeared quickly, no rye bread, no cabbage, no sauerkraut, nothousand island ,just a bunch of vultures swiping it as I cut it.

Yoder YS480
    Maverick 732
    Tappecue
    Thermapen

Looks amazing! Gotta try that SV gig one of these days
    sigpic

Comment

Gonna jack up & get after this gig! ...me SV machine needs a workout!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I tried this exact thing except for 12 hours in the bath. While it was good and very juicy, it was not as tender as I hoped. Next one will definitely be dunked for a longer duration.

Comment

My plan was 48, turned into 72 but I think 48 would be perfect. Hmm, Think I may have 1 left in the freezer
          Yoder YS480
          Maverick 732
          Tappecue
          Thermapen

Comment

Looks great from here!
            Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
            Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita