First Crack at Dill Pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Crack at Dill Pickles

Been many a year since I've canned anything but first time ever for dill pickles. I used Vlap's recipe for the brine. Added garlic, dill and fresh japs to the cukes in the jar. I also did the hot pack method and boiled the jars after the lids and bands went on as I don't have the room to refridgerate them all. Looking forward to trying these in a couple of weeks.

sigpic

GOSM/propane
    UDS (Cam)/lump
    22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
    Weber Genesis/propane
    Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Yeah....so good knowing u did it. Lived a few miles from Mt. Olive. NC (Grantham) horror storie's about what's in a pickle jar!.....they'll be right tasty!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks good.
      My wife has been canning every day for the last 3 weeks. Doing tomato paste this week. Amazing how you can cook so many beautiful roma's down to nothing. But you can use it so many recipes and it takes up much less room.

Tom

Comment

lookin good Lou. I see no homeade pickles here this year for us, most all the the plants wilted. Good Job.

Comment

looks good i just did some myself hot garlic dill pickles....cukes , garlic , dill seeds , and serrano peppers...i also did a hot water bath but for about 15 mins

Mike
          Oklahoma City
          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
          Weber 22.5 Performer
          GOSM 3405gw
          Boomer Sooner Drum
          Maverick ET-732
          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Great looking pickles Lou and Mike! When you get finished you can come and help me with mine.
            jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X