Smoking Cheese w/ other flavors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking Cheese w/ other flavors?

I just ordered myself an AMAZEN 12" Tube, it comes with a variety of flavored pellets, like Jack Daniels....

Anyone ever smoked with those flavors?
    Tondo_Smoke

I have not, I think Fishawn and many others have in the past.. I tend to stick with Pecan and Hickory, not a big oak user..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I mix pistcahio shells with my sawdust sometimes.
      ALso layer fresh bayleaves in as well. Got two bay trees in the garden - so that helps.

Adding things to the sawdust also has the advantage of slowing the burn down as well.

Never tried pellets - flavoured or otherwise. But the bay works really well, so don't see why other flavours wouldn't
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Love Jack Daniels pellets with cheese. and everything else I have used them on.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't use an AMAZEN gadget...But have used pistachio shells...Also almond shells work very well...Other than that I like pecan or cherry with cheese...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replys... I will just have to try/expierment with them all and see what works best...
            Tondo_Smoke

Comment

x3 on the pistachio shells.

While the JD chips and pellets smell awesome, I have never realized any whiskey flavor in the foods cooked with them.....
              Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Just smoked some on 11-8 with Orange wood,,, opened it last night and BINGO that is going to be my new go to wood ,,,,heard corn cob is good to

DS
                Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
                1930 Fridge Build
                MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                Therma Pen
                Maverick 732
                Mini Therma Pen
                Frog Mats
                Weber Junior
                AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

I have been on a CHEESE BINGE for the past two weeks or so.....

I also use an Amazn Tube in my Yoder and my "ugly black box".....I like the cheese RIGHT out of the smoke, so a good percentage goes into my belly!

My two week 'cure' seems to mellow out the "bite" from right off the smoker. I have found that fans of intensely smoked flavor tend to like the "ends" that are closer to the smoke.

Personal preference is cheese that has been smoked/vac packed for about a month to six weeks. It tends to "mellow" the bite and has a very even taste.

Experiment and see what works for you and your friends!

Mike :)
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis Gasser
                  Ugly Black Box (Great Outdoors Smokey Mt)

Comment

Working...
                  X