Another Cheese Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Cheese Post

Ok when I joined smoked-meat somebody posted about smoking Havarti with dill. I can't remember who but, thanks for the inspire. I was at Sam's and found this and decided to give it a try.

I smoked this for a hour and a half at 60* with cherry smoke. Then for another hour and a half at about 100*.

With temps outside being in the low 30's it was easy to keep the temps low. And it was a good night for a fire.

After a three hour smoke.

The sample I cut was good. A light cheese more like mozzarella. The smoke and dill mixed great. This is a cheese that I'll do again.

Thanks for looking
    sigpic
    Weber 22.5 kettle
    Smokin in the Smokies
    Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
    Jerry

one of my favorite cheeses.............not sure if it was me who gave you the idea but you got me thinkin'! i've been smoking jack, pepper jack, colby, colby-jack and cheddar lately for the holidays but now i gots 'smore to do.....thx!
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Yep I have done that flavor also,,, it's great,, just went to Grocery outlet this weekend and pick up 8lbs (2lbs each) pepper jack, colby jack, med cheddar and sharp cheddar

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS
      Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
      1930 Fridge Build
      MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
      Therma Pen
      Maverick 732
      Mini Therma Pen
      Frog Mats
      Weber Junior
      AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

looking good!
        New Braunfels Black Diamond
        18.5" WSM
        Weber Performer Deluxe Black
        18.5 Weber Kettle
        22.5 Weber Kettle
        Maverick ET732
        6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

I bet that rocks, looks excellent!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X