Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S V eye of round for John (well for me buttt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S V eye of round for John (well for me buttt)

2 lb seasoned with Tatonka Dust, Brenarsky's Lot 42(Tanya you listening), College Inn Bold Stock and Butta! Goin 36 hours @130° then ice bath and fridge overnight. Re-Rub then smoke @ 225° till int of 130 - then we see! Sposed to rain so prolly have to use the pellet pooper (GMG Dan Boone).

Soooo I went more like 40 hours, chit happens! Out of SV and in ice bath

Out of de ice bath ready fo rub!

Rubbed up with TATONKA Dust and ground Rosemary~~

1/2 hour rest after 4 hours @ 225° slice test~~~~~ Ahhhhhh!

First slice, Mmmmmmm

Okay, the fork test! Sorry no video but the fork pushed right through!

Really tasty!
    Last edited by Mark R; 01-04-2016, 03:22 PM. Reason: I can!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Thanks Mark!!

Nice of you to jump right on one of these!!

Now I got two of them to watch!! Gotta know how tender they get!!

Keep the details up if you can---I'll be saving them!!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Oh yeah, good eating!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

coming out of turn 2...yer wide open!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks Mark! Be watching this also, and learning
          sigpic

Comment

Great thread Mark.

I SV eye of round very much the same. I generously coat with granulated garlic, granulated onion and crushed black pepper and SV at 132 F for 36 hours. Hit with an ice bath and refrigerate. Be sure to save the bag juice it is gold.

Shave thin for sandwiches or slice off 1/2" thick pieces and lightly fry in butter for dinner. Awesome.
            sigpic
            Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
            -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
            -AMNPS
            -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
            gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Looking forwatd to your results. I used to season pre bagging, but have come to find out it adds nothing to the flavor. Salt is the only thing small enough to penetrate deep into the meat.
              Yoder YS480
              Maverick 732
              Tappecue
              Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikey View Post
                Looking forwatd to your results. I used to season pre bagging, but have come to find out it adds nothing to the flavor. Salt is the only thing small enough to penetrate deep into the meat.
                Are you adding a fat to the bag before sealing? I generally pre season and add olive oil.
                sigpic
                Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
                -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                -AMNPS
                -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
                gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

I forgot to mention the olive oil, yes I coated it.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

No totally naked. I'll be honest I'm not that smart about it. All of my info and testing is from the advice from a guy I met on Facebook. He know all of the scientific stuff and following his advice has never failed me yet. Basically everything i done lately gets sv'd naked, cold shocked and cooked as normal up to a temp warm enough to eat. You get all the benefits of sv cooking with the traditional benefits from smoking also.
                    Yoder YS480
                    Maverick 732
                    Tappecue
                    Thermapen

Comment

I also pre season and add fluid and/or fat. I chill large chunks O meat but not single servings.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

Look at it this way, it can't hurt and might (does) get more seasoning (flavor) into the meat. AND save that fluid!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

Comment

some butter in there, salt...it's amazing to see the juice's racing around @ temp...Linda Lou did the tri-tip's with some over the counter beef stuff...it was dang good...
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            Look at it this way, it can't hurt and might (does) get more seasoning (flavor) into the meat. AND save that fluid!
                            Youre absolutely right it doesn't hurt, but salt is the only thing penentrating into the meat. The rest is just surface flavor, which I get by seasoning afterwards.

I still haven't tried to do anything with the fluid/purge, but Ive seen there are a bunch of things you can do with that ultra concentrated flavor

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_...of_brines.html
                            Yoder YS480
                            Maverick 732
                            Tappecue
                            Thermapen

Comment

I always season before bagging, along with a few pads of butter... IMHO, it adds more flavor. Especially to the au jus. It isn't hurting anything, so why not? Never had a problem with it. Before I go to the grill, I re-season.

Looks like Mark gonna be eating real goooood!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X