For all the naysayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the naysayers

If this don't get you excited about sous vide, I don't know if anything will. This guy has it figured out, and when it's not right the first time he gets it right with follow ups on what he changed. The work is already done for you. If my stuff ever looked half as good as his I'd be happy. I'll definitely be trying some things soon

http://kosherdosher3.blogspot.com/p/sous.html?m=1
    Yoder YS480
    Maverick 732
    Tappecue
    Thermapen

Awesome, thanks for the link Mike!
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Not a naysayer here, It just holds no interest to me as far as cooking goes. Kind of like salad making.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
        ..... Kind of like salad making.
        Hey now, there are some really good salads out there with plenty of dead animal in them that are flat out amazing....I did a steak Cesar salad topped with onion straws for the in-laws prior to the holiday that might have been the best meal all week... just saying....
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Not a naysayer here, It just holds no interest to me as far as cooking goes. Kind of like salad making.

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
          Hey now, there are some really good salads out there with plenty of dead animal in them that are flat out amazing....I did a steak Cesar salad topped with onion straws for the in-laws prior to the holiday that might have been the best meal all week... just saying....
          Amen brutha! I make a KILLER Caesar salad, usually topped with grilled chicken or BACON!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Cool read, he even has some Molecular gastronomy going on.

I wanted to try something out today but just found out that my son borrowed my SV cooking pot (beer cooler) to haul their deer home and have not returned it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post

I wanted to try something out today but just found out that my son borrowed my SV cooking pot (beer cooler) to haul their deer home and have not returned it.
              I have used coolers and big ol' pots. My Anova clamps onto most anything. Check your kitchenware...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

All my stuff is still frozen anyway.

Comment

Cheers for the info!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks big Mikey for the read.

I'm pretty sure all of the naysayers said the same thing about the vortex and the amazen smoker until they tried it from themselves...right? Just like those it's another tool...and it works just as well as both of those.

I did some awesome SV pork loin chops all day yesterday with a quick sear for dinner. 9 hours left me with some of the most tender pork loin chops that I have ever had. They were incredible.
                    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

I'm pretty sure all of the naysayers said the same thing about the vortex and the amazen smoker until they tried it from themselves...right? Just like those it's another tool...and it works just as well as both of those.

I did some awesome SV pork loin chops all day yesterday with a quick sear for dinner. 9 hours left me with some of the most tender pork loin chops that I have ever had. They were incredible.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

...I'm pretty sure all of the naysayers said the same thing about the vortex and the amazen smoker until they tried it from themselves...right? Just like those it's another tool...and it works just as well as both of those.
                        never said that 'bout todd's or TD's gigs...............SV is not a new method of cooking..... damn near 50 yrs mainstream........ nor does it solve an existing problem like the other 2 items did (for me at least). i have tried it's products on a large scale commercially and it just ain't for me.....i will not speak for others who don't care for it, nor will i condemn those who praise it but i will encourage those who want to try something different to explore all methods of preparing food.....without exploration.....we can't have discovery.
                        sigpic
                        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

some things life is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to short for:
                          kick ass Veal Pastrami that is cold smoked, hot smoked, Sous-vide, hot smoked again then steamed to perfection.
                          Now that's just pure overkill :-)

However his use of meat glue prompted me to look on amazon, so there's now a 100g tub winging it's way top me - as the price ahs dropped considerably since I last looked. .

Expect some chimera meats in the near future :-)
                          Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-03-2016, 11:33 AM.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                            ...without exploration.....we can't have discovery.
                            Yup! There ya' have it folks...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Dude, Wedge salad. All I got to say about that.

I'm pretty sure all of the naysayers said the same thing about the vortex and the amazen smoker until they tried it from themselves...right? Just like those it's another tool...and it works just as well as both of those
                              I have never said anything about either one of those 2 instruments. In fact, I have given a couple of Amps away as gifts to family members, and just used CA's knock off to smoke cheese, tri tip and ox tails....

NAY, NAY, NAY! Airtight bag, borderline temps/temp control, 3 days........
                              But, whatever turns your crank.....
                              Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Working...
                              X