X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Hunky Sweet Hot Wings Sous Vide and Fried

The title says it all:
    Mad Hunky Sweet Hot Wings Sous Vide and Fried

Wanted to do wings yesterday on the Vortex for the game but I was lazy and it was cold out. So, I opted for a new trial run.

Sorry no pics, but believe me, very good. Dusted the wings with my MH Sweet Hot sample and threw them along with a few pats of butter into a bag. Into the bath for 2 1/2 hrs. at 150F. Out of the bath, patted dry, then dredged in flour. Dipped in an egg wash, then another flour coat with the rest of my MH Sweet Hot sample mixed in. Crispy outside, amazingly tender and juicy inside with an amazing flavor from that MH Sweet Hot.

These could be a regular thing at our house! Hmmmm, we need more MH Sweet Hot. Rich ..... RICH! ..... you out there Rich?

Don't let me be the guy who sez "No pics, didn't happen"... butt that sounds like a great gig to me!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Interesting technique. Bet they were tasty.
      sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Sounds good to me too!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like they rocked. Been thinking of doing something similar, and finishing on the gas grill For a quick dinner
          sigpic

Comment

Liking the sounds of that too.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              Don't let me be the guy who sez "No pics, didn't happen"... butt that sounds like a great gig to me!
              thinkin the same thing p3!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I gotta try SV Jerk wings or thighs, finished on the grill
                sigpic

Comment

I usually do my wings coated with MHGP, SV'd with a bit of chicken fat in the bag, then grilled on the Weber/Vortex. I like the fried idea... that's different!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by frog1369 View Post
                    Hmmmm, we need more MH Sweet Hot. Rich ..... RICH! ..... you out there Rich?
                    Heh... yeah... Sorry about that... Dunno if it’ll be a regular product or not yet. But..if you add 15% by weight of GP of brown sugar and 3% 60K scoville chipolte powder yer in the ballpark...
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Heh... yeah... Sorry about that... Dunno if it’ll be a regular product or not yet. But..if you add 15% by weight of GP of brown sugar and 3% 60K scoville chipolte powder yer in the ballpark...
                      First.. those wings sound great!

That's what's so great about the Mad Hunky GP. You can always add more sweet or heat if wanted.
                      sigpic
                      GMG Daniel Boone
                      UDS
                      Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                      Vision Kamado grill
                      Weber Genesis Silver
                      Smokin Tex
                      MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                      Maverick ET 732
                      Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                      2 orange ThermoPops
                      A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                      A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                      Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                        I gotta try SV Jerk wings or thighs, finished on the grill
                        Fishawn ...... I've been trying thighs SV. Have tried finishing in the fryer and on the grill. I still don't get really crispy thin, it's a lot fattier and thicker than what's on wings. I did some the other night, chilled them after SV in the fridge overnight, then under the broiler until they were back up to temp. Got pretty close on that one so thinking maybe back to the vortex with very cold Sous Vide thighs. Maybe ......

Comment

Thanks Rich! As always, you rock and I can try that. I've been playing with sugar, pepper and MHGP but haven't gone for consistency yet. This will give a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by frog1369 View Post
                            Thanks Rich! As always, you rock and I can try that. I've been playing with sugar, pepper and MHGP but haven't gone for consistency yet. This will give a good start.
                            Here’s a source https://www.americanspice.com/chipotle-pepper-ground/

Barring that..I can always order in the exact stuff I use from McCarthy and send it to ya.
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Here’s a source https://www.americanspice.com/chipotle-pepper-ground/

Barring that..I can always order in the exact stuff I use from McCarthy and send it to ya.
                              Thanks Rich, I'll give that a try ......I've got some 20,000 Scoville unit at home, that's got some bite

Comment

Working...
                              X