Storm prep;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm prep;)

So if this storm really hits us, going to need something to smoke on the day off Tuesday. Dug through the freezer and found a corned beef point and a hunk of bottom round from my last test. Into the bath at 129 for 56 hours til Monday night, will cold shock and fridge overnight. Monday the smoker will be taken to the shop and when we can't work Tuesday we will be playing poker and smoking meat with the work crew. Probably throw some ribs on as well.

Yoder YS480
    Maverick 732
    Tappecue
    Thermapen

A man with a plan.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Sounds like a good plan!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

LOL---I love the way you "Prep for a Storm", Mikey!!!!

I usually just Check the oil in my Gravely & Gas it up.

Be Back,

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Ya know, if ya plan fer the storm, if you ready - it goes somewhere else!
          You onnit!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I like the way you think... if I was a coworker your way of thinking would make me look forward to the storm!
            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

According to Reed Timmer, Nebraska is going to get the shaft from this storm
              Yoder YS480
              Maverick 732
              Tappecue
              Thermapen

Comment

That's an ugly picture

That shows me right in the worst of it...My local news thinks it will be to the north and west of me...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

Well storm finally has shown up. Luckily only rain so far should help keep the snow total less than 12". Regardless of what we get we are smoking meat and playing poker tomorrow. Corned beef and bottom round went 63 hours at 129. Also added a rack of baby backs for 56 hours at 129. The corned beef was unbagged and shocked directly in ice water. The bottom round and ribs were shocked also inside the bags. Into the fridge overnight

Yoder YS480
                  Maverick 732
                  Tappecue
                  Thermapen

Comment

Sounds good! Stay safe its horrible here can't see 200 feet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hope you guys stay safe.

I was looking for a load for a driver in KC this morning and was looking up your way.......I thought it was best just to get the truck back before he gets stranded for days.

Comment

The heart of the storm just missed us, thank god. Still got 6+ so far and smoke is rolling

First off smoker, bottom round rubbed with Mad Hunky Just Add Beef, great flavor and fork tender just for Bear. I do have another video as this one cut even easier than last one. Also got pretty even color going with the lower temp this time. This will be chilled and sliced paper thin on meat slicer

Yoder YS480
                        Maverick 732
                        Tappecue
                        Thermapen

Comment

Looks great! I think we're in the middle of it. I've scooped 8 inches and still snowing good
                          sigpic

Comment

You can have it Ryan!
                            Next of the smoker is corned beef. Rubbed with tatonka dust and smoked til an IT of 145. OMG it's incredible. So tender and juicy.

Yoder YS480
                            Maverick 732
                            Tappecue
                            Thermapen

Comment

Me likey Mikey!! That's outstanding!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X