Chipotle Pickled Bologna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipotle Pickled Bologna

After doing the pickles last week I had quite a bit of brine left over so I saved it in the fridge. When I made some hot dogs a while back I ran outta sheep's casings so I stuffed what I had left into Hog casing and called it ring bologna. So today I took 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and used the immersible blender and blended them into the brine. Cut up the ring bologna and into the brine they went and into the fridge. Brine tasted good and so did the bologna so hopefully in a couple of weeks they'll taste good together.

sigpic

GOSM/propane
    UDS (Cam)/lump
    22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
    Weber Genesis/propane
    Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Lou... Buddy... Your a man after my heart... I bet those come out great... Keep us posted..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Yeah Man!....thinkin ya got a good deal goin!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I can only imagine
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I had to come back and look at this again... I think I have a Man Crush..

Please tell me in two weeks these are great...Please..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Crack a beer and slide me a few. Looks and sounds good
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Nice work Lou. lookin forward to the outcome. Sounds killer.

Comment

bout ready to open one of my jars..........FUUT BALL is on.............

hope the hog casings hold up better than a reg. hot dog casing........i pickled em along with my sausages last year.......the dogs got mushy........just a thought...........but being the same as a sausage casings......they should, now that i think of it...............

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

That's some great looking pickled bologna! I ran across a couple of folks who didn't even like Koegels! I'd sure try yours though.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice! Be that is gonna be awesome!

Comment

Yupyupyup! I'll have a hunk of that too when they be ready! I'll bring crackers and some beers :{)
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

It's gonna be some good stuff. You should do some pickled eggs too and when they're done sit down to have a beer, bologna, and eggs... the show starts the next morning

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
                        Chargriller Duo W/ SFB and mods
                        Uni-Flame kettle grill - poor lonely grill
                        *New - Home made Drum Smoker with options*
                        Various other tools of mass destruction

Comment

Been about 2 weeks and couldn't resist. It was worth the wait.

The sausage really firmed up and has a real nice flavor with a little heat. I was expecting more heat out of it but still good. I went ahead and did up some eggs too but want to give them some more time in the brine.

If the eggs come out ok then I'll be making a big batch of each for deer camp.
                          sigpic

GOSM/propane
                          UDS (Cam)/lump
                          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                          Weber Genesis/propane
                          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                            If the eggs come out ok then I'll be making a big batch of each for deer camp.
                            No worries about heating gas THIS year!
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sure does look good in the pic. I'll bet the taste is just a good. I am on my forth strand (50 each) of nice red super chilis hanging and drying and many more to come, they have the heat but also a real nice pepper flavor. Be good in a jar of meat.
                              Last edited by SmokinLee; 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X