Frogmore Stew w/ my Homemade Smoked Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogmore Stew w/ my Homemade Smoked Sausage

Decided to try some frogmore stew. Made 20 pounds of sausage last weekend so wanted to use some. Added fresh gulf Shrimp, sweet corn, baby red potatoes (daughters wanted the little taters), and some Old Bay.

Last edited by Cajunsmoke13; 12-23-2015, 06:16 PM.
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Not yet...It dont look like no stew I ever had...But Im waitin...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

You will have to keep waiting

Comment

Dude, there is no way in hell your loosing weight eating this good...

I envy you...
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

You've got my attention. I'm gaining pounds just reading this board this afternoon.

Man, I love all the stuff you got in there.

Ever tried/thought about some bugs in there as well? I know it's not in the recipe but I'm just dying for some bugs so I figured I's ask.
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

It looks like a great pan of stew. Just different. How did you cook it, roast it all??

Comment

Thanks...Yep, diet has been going bad already. Don't think the beer is helping either...I put 6 quarts of water in a stock pot, add 3/4 cup of old bay, bring to boil...sausage and potatoes went in for 5 minutes, corn next for 5 minutes, and lastly shrimp until it turns pink and is done...Crawfish are out of season here now, so I didn't add any. They have some of the frozen ones at the store, but would want to use fresh. Now you got me hungry for crawfish...wish I could go get a few sacks now....
              Last edited by Cajunsmoke13; 12-23-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Now...i'm tellin you! You ain't right fer postin that! That's as wrong az wrong can be! Bee....Ya din't get stung like Zeek?.....Postin awesome stuff?....Ya'll R killin me! Wanna see the outcome!....
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looking good

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Thanks. That's pretty much it. I know it says stew, but...here is how it got it's name. Little history...

There are two kinds of social gatherings in South Carolina that revolve around shellfish. One is very much like a Louisiana boil, usually involving shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage, and red potatoes and is considered part of Lowcountry cuisine. Known variously as Frogmore Stew, Beaufort Stew, a Beaufort boil, a Lowcountry boil, or a tidewater boil, they tend be a bit milder than their Louisiana Cajun and Creole cousins.
                    The name Frogmore Stew comes from the name of a fishing community on St. Helena island near Beaufort, South Carolina.

Comment

Nice spread of mudbugs
                      Col. Big Guy

Comment

I agree with Mike, you cant post them pics and thats it.
                        I could eat that whole table of cawfish by myself with a few ice cold pops to wash em down. Schweeet pic.

2 Weber Kettles
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
                        Brinkman ECB
                        Charbroil 940X
                        Project UDS
                        Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunr View Post
                          I agree with Mike, you cant post them pics and thats it.
                          I could eat that whole table of cawfish by myself with a few ice cold pops to wash em down. Schweeet pic.
                          OH yes.... them mud bugs... damn the bomb!
                          I am sure your stew was just as tastey.... but its just not fair you posting all those mud bugs... YUMMY........ oh la la Yummy!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

after the turtle enchiladas wasnt quite sure what we had going on here!!! but all looks good!!! not sure about them crawdads though... but never tried them so i cant knock them either!!! someday will have to give them a shot!!!
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Bud, as 88 would say, Your killing me. Awesome spread. Nothing more to be said well deserved Bud. and for that big pile of red. Awesome just freaking awesome...
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X