Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp Fritters and FRESH Maine Grilled Lobsters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp Fritters and FRESH Maine Grilled Lobsters!

These Fritters are my take on a recipe from a guy named Williamzanzinger at one of the other forums. His recipe originally called for cod fish. He claimed any fish will work, I thought why not shrimp?

2 c. chopped shrimp
    2 c. all purpose flour
    1 tsp salt
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 large onion
    1 green bell pepper
    2 minced cloves garlic
    Juice from lemon
    Any hot pepper to taste (I used a hot cherry pepper-not really hot enough)
    2 Tbsp fresh basil
    2 Tbsp fresh parsley
    1 c water

This pic is missing a few ingredients

Mix all dry ingredients and chopped ingredients seperately. Mix together and then add water. This will make a thick chunky fritter batter.

Drop by spoonfuls into 325deg oil and fry until nicely browned.

I like to sprinkle with a dash of salt right out of the fry oil and serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping.

While on the subject of seafood...I received a phone call from my brother. He drives tractor/trailor from Maine to Wisconsin every week or so. He normally hauls Poland Springs water. Anyways, he called and said he was coming over.
    I thought there was some kind of problem, however he was just looking for someone to help with these....

He had been in Maine early Saturday morning and showed up at my house Saturday night with (3) 2 lb lobsters Just a real simple fixin was all these babies needed. We split them right down the middle, sprinkled with some salt and pepper and brushed with melted butter, then onto a medium heat grill.

Before flipping, brushed one more time with melted butter.

I have to apologize for no plated pics. These guys didnt even make it to a plate. We stood over the kitchen counter and devoured them. We didnt even need to dip in any more butter. They were by far better than any store bought lobster I have had. So SWEET!

Thanks for watching

Brother......ya Killin Louie! She can eat more Lobster than her weight. Real nice! I do like em as well.
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That is freaking awesome Dingle. man i love me some lobster.
      Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Thanks guys! It sure was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Mmm great stuff Ding! Love "lobstah" ! And Mr. Z has an account here too..altho he has not been here in a while. I traded emails with him a wile back, and he's got a new job and is busy as all getout I guess...
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks great man. I love lobster.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

DingMan! I'm not sure what sounds better, the lobbers or the fritters. I've never tried grilling lobsters before. Wife's family is from Maine so this is a must try next time.
              sigpic

GOSM/propane
              UDS (Cam)/lump
              22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
              Weber Genesis/propane
              Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Great looking seafood! I'm ready for some lobster.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks Tanger!

Rich, thats cool to kno that Zanzinger is here.

Cruz, The fritters are awesome and lobster....well you know! We were up in the air on how to cook 'em. Steamed, boiled, grilled or stuffed and baked. My bro didnt get here until 8 o'clock last night so decided that grilling would be quickest and cleanest. We were not disapppointed.

Comment

Wow Dingle. Thanks for the fritter recipe. Looks and sounds real good. I've grilled crab legs, but never tried grilling lobster. Cool.
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

very cool way to take care of a little seafood problem! I wish I was there to sample some of it!

Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                        very cool way to take care of a little seafood problem! I wish I was there to sample some of it!

Thanks all. CaptDan my only problem with seaood is not being able to get enough of it...Hi my name is DINGLE and I'm addicted to seafood

Comment

Making me hungry here!
                          "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
                          PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

the fritter recipe looks good. Might have to try that.
                            :-)
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Wow, them fritters look/sound great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X