SV makes chocolate work easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV makes chocolate work easy

Another great benefit of the SV machine is being able to perfectly temper chocolate. I have been playing with making some candies and the SV is the foolproof way of getting a perfect temper of the chocolate.

I wanted to make my honey some Valentines candy this year so I made some white chocolate cappuccino ganache to fill the dark chocolate hearts. I chopped up some white chocolate and got the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt, to a simmer and mixed and whisked the liquid ingredients with some butter and the white chocolate to make the center then added some instant coffee for the flavor.

I added some dark chocolate wafers to a vacuum bag and in the 115°F SV bath they went. I massaged the bag after a couple minutes as the wafers were melting. Once they were totally melted I set the SV temp to 90°F and added ice to bring the water temp down. I massaged (agitated) the chocolate bag once per minute to help the crystals form.

I added some red colored sugar to the molds as an experiment and to show Wifey that these were not store bought. When I had the mold ready, I cut open a corner of the bag and poured the chocolate in the mold. I returned the remaining chocolate to the SV and held it with a clothes pin as to now allow any water into the melted chocolate. I held the mold upside down to allow the excess chocolate to drain into a bowl and scraped the top of the mold. I then put the mold in the fridge to set up for 5 minutes or so while I got the ganache ready.

I put the ganache in a ziplock bag and cut the corner to use as my piping bag. I filled the hearts about 3/4 of the way and put it back in the fridge to set. Meanwhile I carefully agitated the melted chocolate some more in the 90°F bath.

I added a layer of dark chocolate to the bottom of the hearts and seal the candies. Back into the fridge to set and release from the mold.

Here are the results. The candies came out nice and shiny and are very stable at room temp. They are also sooooo tasty.

very nice! Tempering chocolate properly has always been an issue for me.
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Can’t say I have ever messed with this... but the wife has. Maybe she’ll get my facination now

Those are nice! Well done! Got anything with a bourbon creme center?
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Another great adaptation of the SV... Nice work

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Very nice! I have that same mold. The SV does work well for tempering for sure.

Comment

dern sure nice...i like it!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
            X