Pickled spicy Green Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickled spicy Green Beans

The girls have been working hard today, pickling 30lbs. of spicy green beans. Here is about half the batch, I think were going to try doing some mushrooms and asparagus in the next few weeks.
    Attached Files

Yep, those look good! I just love canning season even though I don't do much of it anymore.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

That's lookin good! Allright....ya gonna give us the recipe?
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I'll see what I can do. A friend of my wife's came over today to teach us how, and it's her recipe, so I better make sure it's ok before I post.

Comment

Nice looking beans.. Never had the chance to try any home canned style.. Hope to see a recipe soon.. Just tell your wife's friend if for a close friend of yours.....
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I think you will like this recipe.....

Dilly Beans
            2 pounds green beans
            1/4 cup canning salt
            2 1/2 cups vinegar
            2 1/2 cups water
            1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
            4 cloves garlic, divided
            4 heads dill, divided

Trim ends off green beans. Combine salt, vinegar and water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil. Pack beans lengthwise into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 clove garlic and one head dill to each pint. Ladle hot liquid over beans, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps. Process pints 10 minutes in boiling-water canner. Yield: about 4 pints.

***This is our "mild" recipe. We put a dried chili pepper in each jar when we do the "medium" recipe and a habanero in each jar when we do the "spicy" recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimr View Post

Dilly Beans
              2 pounds green beans
              1/4 cup canning salt
              2 1/2 cups vinegar
              2 1/2 cups water
              4 cloves garlic, divided
              4 heads dill, divided

Trim ends off green beans. Combine salt, vinegar and water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil. Pack beans lengthwise into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 clove garlic and one head dill to each pint. Ladle hot liquid over beans, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps. Process pints 10 minutes in boiling-water canner. Yield: about 4 pints.

***This is our "mild" recipe. We put a dried chili pepper in each jar when we do the "medium" recipe and a habanero in each jar when we do the "spicy" recipe.
              Would this be directed to me Jim,or just in general??
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Jimr View Post

Dilly Beans
                2 pounds green beans
                1/4 cup canning salt
                2 1/2 cups vinegar
                2 1/2 cups water
                4 cloves garlic, divided
                4 heads dill, divided

That is exactly the recipe, but if you want a little less heat, use 1/2 TBS. of crushed red pepper, instead of the cayenne. With those ratio's and the garlic cloves, even with the red it will make ya pucker a little!

Comment

Whomsoever wants to use it........but you can still be a friend

Comment

Working...
                  X