Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previously Cooked/Smoked Ribs, SV From Frozen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previously Cooked/Smoked Ribs, SV From Frozen.

No time today to cook/grill after work, so had aboot a half rack of previously cooked/smoked BB's vac packed in the freezer. Put them in the SV at 154 for aboot 8 hours while at work. Turned oot pretty good! Maybe a slight tad on the dry side, butt got the job done for dinner tonight. Was first time reheating ribs SV style and was pretty happy. Maybe help somebody in the future regarding temps and time. Maybe next time 142*
    sigpic

Or less than 8 hours. But I get the out at work angle. Perhaps an hour at 170 might work better.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

8 hours... seems like a long thyme 2me. What Rich said... higher temp/less thyme in the bath.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Seems to me that if the ribs were dry it was probably from the original cook...Not the reheat...Thats the experience I have had with SV reheating
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Seems to me that if the ribs were dry it was probably from the original cook...Not the reheat...Thats the experience I have had with SV reheating
          Craig, some day... maybe... no... nevermind...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            Uh oh . . . Craig blew his cover.

Secretly picking up tips and tricks when we all thought he was against it . . .

He's a closet SV user.

It's okay to admit it, Craig. You're among friends.
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I reheat ribs at 130° fer bout an hour half, maybe two.... They already cooked, huh!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                I reheat ribs at 130° fer bout an hour half, maybe two.... They already cooked, huh!
                He did say from frozen. Might take a bit more. Should be to 140 anyway, no?
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

My thought was 140* minimum

The time thing was what I had to work with that day, no choice. Was hoping it was sooner ( less cooking thyme ) but it worked oot ok. I can see this coming in handy for reheating stuff.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    My thought was 140* minimum

The time thing was what I had to work with that day, no choice. Was hoping it was sooner ( less cooking thyme ) but it worked oot ok. I can see this coming in handy for reheating stuff.
                    Finally something that makes sense
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X