Mothers Day Mussels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Day Mussels

If you like mussels in white wine sauce, you gotta try this recipe. This is one of Momma's fav-o-rights!, so we mixed up a big o'l batch this weekend. Did it in the wok as it is damn hard to find a pan big enough to get them all down in and cook in the sauce.

Here goes!

Butter down!

Onions/garlic/chives/leeks down!

SD tomatoes/herbs/salt down!

Wine down!

Mussels down!

And the finished product - this is roughly 6#'s of mussels.

Recipe

Thanks for checking out our mussel boil. Some damn fine eats.
    Tracey

top notch man. -

Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Love mussels. Those look delicious.

All I would need to go with the mussels is a loaf of crusty bread for dippin' in the sauce.
      Jim

Comment

these days on the rare occasions I do mussles I always throw in a tsp of 2 of MHGP. works amazingly well.

Have some
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

That Looks Great, Tracey!!

I've always wanted to try Mussels, but now I'm afraid to:
          I love Clams & Oysters, and eat them every chance I get.
          However a couple years ago my Son got terribly sick after eating some Mussels at a picnic in Jersey. He figured it was bad Mussels, so a few months later he got some at a restaurant. He got Violently sick & thought he was gonna die. Doctor said he is allergic. I figured as sick as he got, and him being my Son, if I ate them, it could Kill Me!!

Anybody know----Since I never had a problem with Clams & Oysters, but my Son is allergic to Mussels, what would be my chances of having a serious problem with Mussels?????

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I am in total awe!!! That looks amazing, and I want to do this NOW!!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate Bear.

Mussels in white wine sauce is Very good
              Steve

Comment

It's been way to long since I've had mussels. You just changed that Tracey!

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

looks awesome, sea food is the Bomb. being from panama and growing up a stones throw from the pac.ocean, fresh water in the canal and lakes and 45 minutes to the Atlantic coast I miss sea food. here in the desert next to impossible to get fresh sea food. I have found I take a big chance with the frozen stuff. get it defrosted and it is mush or smells like low tide.

we cooked shell fish like that alll da time just cruise the beach's and gather em up. god they were great with cold cervazas and hard bread for mopping up the juicy goodness.

sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                  nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Mmmm. and..Mmm. furthermore..MMM!
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

the things about food allergies bear is that it's an individual thing.

when your son had his first bad mussels his gut registered the fact and that's the point at which he became allergic.

We had a dog who had a nasty stomach bug. So as usual we gave her chicken and rice.
                      She became allergic to chicken.
                      And there is almost no dog food that doesn't have some kind of chicken in it.
                      Was a real pita. But after about 8 months we gradually weaned her back onto commercial dog treats and she was no longer allergic.

It's generally not something you're born with.

One thing you can do if you get food poisoning is to take serious antibiotics and kill your gut fauna. Then eat natural yoghurt and yakult for a week or so to repopulate your gut. And that usually stops you developing a specific food alelrgy.

Mussels are easy:
                      if they are open BEFORE you cook them - throw them away !
                      If they are closed AFTER you cook them, throw them away !

That's it really
                      Oh yeah and don't pick them near sewage outlets :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Top shelf Tracey
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                          the things about food allergies bear is that it's an individual thing.

when your son had his first bad mussels his gut registered the fact and that's the point at which he became allergic.

We had a dog who had a nasty stomach bug. So as usual we gave her chicken and rice.
                          She became allergic to chicken.
                          And there is almost no dog food that doesn't have some kind of chicken in it.
                          Was a real pita. But after about 8 months we gradually weaned her back onto commercial dog treats and she was no longer allergic.

It's generally not something you're born with.

One thing you can do if you get food poisoning is to take serious antibiotics and kill your gut fauna. Then eat natural yoghurt and yakult for a week or so to repopulate your gut. And that usually stops you developing a specific food alelrgy.

Mussels are easy:
                          if they are open BEFORE you cook them - throw them away !
                          If they are closed AFTER you cook them, throw them away !

That's it really
                          Oh yeah and don't pick them near sewage outlets :-)

Thanks CA !!
                          Those sound like the same rules for clams.
                          I've been thinking since I get along great with Clams & Oysters, I shouldn't have a problem with Mussels, because the Allergy is called "Shellfish Allergy". You think I'm right??

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Awesome nic! i'm not a mussel eater but i do...me best tastiest were in Sardinia...wooo!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Well I cant get good seafood here in Kansas...But in Colorado it must be no problem

Looks like a good cook for sure...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X