Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a new job and I wanted to make Craig's day. Hell to the yea!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new job and I wanted to make Craig's day. Hell to the yea!!

So I decided it was time to give up my current gig and get back in to the real world. I've really enjoyed being a personal chef for the most part, but I got comfortable with a stream of steady and well paying clients. Things change, people move and now I'm left with a bunch of whiney nickel and dimers. Time to move on.

I have kept in contact with a former culinary school instructor and we have been waiting on the right time for me to come on board at the restaurant where he is now Executive Chef. Well, the time is now! He wants to employ sous vide as well as smoked meats and fish. He's had my food a few times and I guess he liked it. We are in the research and development phase. I brought home lots of goodies from the restaurant to play around with using my machines and I get paid for it! So for the next two days I'm going to be playing around with duck, pork belly, flank steak, filet mignon and several veggies. I'm also working on a coffee rub that he wants. Oh, and I'll be smoking some tea. This is like a dream come true! Yay!!! On the down side I cracked a tooth eating popcorn and have to get a root canal tomorrow morning.

Congrats Cheyrl, keep doing what makes you happy... every now and then change is needed!
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Awesome! Have fun!
      sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
      Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
      Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Congratulations Cheryl, nothing like doing what you like and getting paid for it. Anxious to see what you do with the pork belly especially, (see signature pic) one of my favorite things to smoke without curing.

Best of luck!
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

You get to run a test kitchen thats a dream come true
          sigpic
          Weber 22.5 kettle
          Smokin in the Smokies
          Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
          Jerry

Comment

Congrats!! That is great! Have fun, that is the key!! A flank with chimi sauce is killer! I am sure you will have many other ideas! Cant wait to hear/see about them!
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Might wanna work on tenderizing that popcorn

Fantastic! I can’t think of a better fit...
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

All the best. and what? no nuts
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

WooHoo!

Congrats Cheryl
                  sigpic

Comment

Good on ya Sister...
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Might wanna work on tenderizing that popcorn

Fantastic! I can’t think of a better fit...
                      SV???

You gonna rock that new gig, Cheryl...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                      Paul

Comment

Congrats to you! That is so cool.

As far as the root canal.....I suggest that you smoke the "tea" he gave before....and maybe after.

Comment

That's Awesome Cheryl !!

Couldn't have Happened to a nicer Young Lady (or Cuter Squirrel) !!

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I used to smoke a little tea from time to time...

Good luck Cheryl...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the new job !! Sounds like a dream come true.
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X