Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This sucks!!! My Anova quit on me! Not the best timing either!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks!!! My Anova quit on me! Not the best timing either!!

Just wanted to rant!!! My Anova sous vide just quit on me!! Actually it's still running but temp won't go over 138F. I turned it off to let it cool down and will try again later. Crap. I hate it when my stuff breaks down. Even if it does come back up that still means it's aboot to kick the bucket. Dammit all. Bitch. Damn. Whore.

Sorry, I am not sure quite how you feel yet, more details pleas... lol
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sorry Sweet Squirrel! Nuttin good bout it!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

bet they fix it if ya send it to em...course yer out freight there & maybe not back...sux! Craig...piss off...you ain't got nothing in this gig!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

She tells it like it is! She's a better Gordon Ramsey with text and no filter.

When you in bizzness, you can't have these nice pretty home use instruments. When they fail you just order pizza or fry some Spam and Green beans. Kids are happy.

You go Girl! No filter!

Comment

Is there a re-set option/button somewhere on it? Is it clogged up? Just thinkin oot lood
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm...
              A wise man
              once said
              nothing...

But that has very little to do with me
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Is there a re-set option/button somewhere on it? Is it clogged up? Just thinkin oot lood
                I checked to see if it was clogged, but nope. It's spinning in the water, but no heat at all. I found a fuse close to the outlet, but it doesn't look like it's blown. Could that be it? Blonde girl here. I've had it too long for Anova to replace it and it doesn't look like a complicated piece of equipment. I would really like to fix it. I have been running it at 185F a good bit lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  I checked to see if it was clogged, but nope. It's spinning in the water, but no heat at all. I found a fuse close to the outlet, but it doesn't look like it's blown. Could that be it? Blonde girl here. I've had it too long for Anova to replace it and it doesn't look like a complicated piece of equipment. I would really like to fix it. I have been running it at 185F a good bit lately.
                  No electrician here, but it seems to me, if the fuse was blown it would not turn on, or circulate the water at all Might be worth a try replacing the fuse also

If you have been running it kinda hot, maybe the heating element got overheated and or worn oot, or fried the connection to the heating element?

Maybe try unplugging it, letting it rest for an hour or so, then trying it again? Electronics can be strange

Best of luck
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes the fuse would shut it down completely...

I'm thinking as much as you use this thing that you may need to go with a commercial type unit...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

For a device like that, most likely the heater is controlled by a SSR (solid state relay).

If the SSR is bad or the control low voltage to the SSR is bad, then no heat.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by dcarch View Post
                        For a device like that, most likely the heater is controlled by a SSR (solid state relay).

If the SSR is bad or the control low voltage to the SSR is bad, then no heat.
                        Well she said it hits 138... so my call is the thermistor/temp sensor and/or it’s connection. Or... likely fatally..a bad control board.
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That sux big thyme! Yup, sounds like the thermistor took a shit. Definitely not a fuse issue. Time to send it oot for repair, or replace it. Might be cheaper to just replace it.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            Yes the fuse would shut it down completely...

I'm thinking as much as you use this thing that you may need to go with a commercial type unit...
                            Craig is spot on... I have used the chit out of my Vacmaster and it's a keeper. 1500 watt too. It will heat higher volume of water. 8 Gallons I believe. Just throwing this out as an option. It is a bit more. It's all in my thread below.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ster+Sous+Vide
                            Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                            Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                            Yoder Wichita
                            Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                            Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                            Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                              Craig is spot on... I have used the chit out of my Vacmaster and it's a keeper. 1500 watt too. It will heat higher volume of water. 8 Gallons I believe. Just throwing this out as an option. It is a bit more. It's all in my thread below.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ster+Sous+Vide
                              I agree Rob. I would LOVE to have this unit, but not happening any time soon. I'll keep in on my wish list though. I still have my Supreme, it's just not portable, but still runs. I don't think it's worth sending it in to have it fixed. I'll just wait until I can afford the Ary. I have the Ary VacMaster and it has been a work horse. It works so much better than the super expensive one at the restaurant.

Comment

Working...
                              X