SV and the Weber - Great Combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV and the Weber - Great Combo!

I had some colossal shrimp in the freezer that I wanted to use for dinner. I decided to SV them since I typically overcook them on the grill. I peeled and deveined them and vacuum bagged them with a little butter and green chile seasoned salt. In the 140° bath for 45 minutes they go. After the 45 min bath, I put them in ice water to stop the cooking, then threw them over the vortex for a little color.

For the veggies, I am on a asparagus kick lately, so it was again grilled with EVOO and the green chile seasoned salt. Oh yeah, also had a side salad with spring greens and baby spinach.

I had some white nectarines that I grilled for desert. I added some maple sugar and cinnamon to the cut side and it formed a glaze. They were outstanding!

Looks great! Nice and healthy too
    sigpic

Comment

Did 140 do them right? I have been wondering about a good way to SV shrimp.

Comment

Looks great AJ! I like the SV shrimp gig... gotta give that a whirl!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks Great!
          I did some lobsta like that a while back only I SV'd at 130° for 45 minutes. Seafood doesn't take much heat to cook.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I followed the SVSupreme chart in the sticky.

Comment

Working...
            X