Cbp buckboard bacon look see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbp buckboard bacon look see

ok this is my 2nd attempt at this bacon thing 1st turned out great thanks to RICHTEE T.H.AND ALL MEMBERS with their input. this one i did the cbp thing.
    cured the butt with high mountain cure and cbp for 8 days, butt thickness was a little less than 2"'s. rinsed well for 2 hrs changing water at 15 min intervals.
    cracked some fresh pepper corns and rubbed down.
    smoked with hickory at 200° till bacon hit 140° let chill overnight sliced some thin for mama and some bout 1/8 & 3/16 cubed up ends for smoked beans.
    blt's planned for lunch hope its as good as it looks and smells

Terry here
    Still have Christene

Looks good. How long did it take to reach 140?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      Looks good. How long did it take to reach 140?
      bout 3.5 hrs how long did yours take
      Terry here
      Still have Christene

Comment

Looks mighty fine! Wish it was mine!
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

MM MMM MMM! Beauty bacon! You need to thry the paprika stuff next... that bacon would be a good start. Then, simmer on low with a crapload of garlic clove and onion... till tender, drench in paprika, wrap and chill- age a couple days. Eat cold sliced, with good bread...You'll be an honorary Hunky then! Well, if ya wanna be anyway ;{)
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks great man.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Wow, the last pic is the money shot. You rocked that bacon Terry. Kudos and and a well deserved for that post...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Man...you done real good!....Bacon is on the list to do! Time....where the hell doe's it go!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  Man...you done real good!....Bacon is on the list to do! Time....where the hell doe's it go!
                  just flies right bye hehelol get it
                  Terry here
                  Still have Christene

Comment

Holy cow-You really now how to make me DROOL
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                      bout 3.5 hrs how long did yours take
                      It was a little over 3 hours. The reason I ask is because I've never seen a hunk of meat get to that temp so fast at such a low cooking temp. Must have something to do with the curing. I heard once that curing is just chemical cooking.

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      MM MMM MMM! Beauty bacon! You need to thry the paprika stuff next... that bacon would be a good start. Then, simmer on low with a crapload of garlic clove and onion... till tender, drench in paprika, wrap and chill- age a couple days. Eat cold sliced, with good bread...You'll be an honorary Hunky then! Well, if ya wanna be anyway ;{)
                      Terry, he must like you better than me. He didn't offer good advice like this for me, he just told me I should have cured longer.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                        Terry, he must like you better than me. He didn't offer good advice like this for me, he just told me I should have cured longer.
                        Heh- Sorry Gunny... it was those chunks he had cut that popped the Albalt Szonolla into my head. There IS a post here on it- "Paprika Bacon" I think. BBChevpro I believe. Good stuff :{)
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

great looking bacon :-)

It was a little over 3 hours. The reason I ask is because I've never seen a hunk of meat get to that temp so fast at such a low cooking temp. Must have something to do with the curing. I heard once that curing is just chemical cooking.
                          curing isn't chemical cooking - but it does significantly change the chemistry of the meat.
                          so - no plateau. Chemical cooking usually reqiures an acidic marinade. The acids hydrolyse the proteins - which is similiar to cooking with heat. To a lesser extent alcohol does the same thing.

One of the things i like about smoking cured meats - it's predictable :-)

Have to try this hunky stuff at some point - rich advocating boiling meat, got to good
                          Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-09-2009, 03:54 AM.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Beautious bacon for sure! YUMMY!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                              That's just beautiful!
                              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...
                              X