Garden Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Update

well my garden is coming back , i was sure the heat would kill everything but its been pretty nice here about 85-93 degrees and a little rain as well...my tomatoes are making a comeback still a little droppy but puttin off some good flowers and maters.....these were taken at dusk so bear with me

and i dont know about anybody else here but my okra is absolutley HUGE
    this is 1 plant and my wife standing next to it...she is 5'-8" tall so this thing has to be at least 8 ft...i think its called a clemson spineless...we have gotten a bunch off of this and there is plenty more to come....has anyone else have had okra grow this big...this is new to me.....
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

What the heck are you feeding that plant..??
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Dang... that's some kinda okra!

BTW you need to pull suckers off yer 'maters... the little branches, so's the big ones make bigger fruit.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

BTW you need to pull suckers off yer 'maters... the little branches, so's the big ones make bigger fruit.

Is this truth or myth..?? I have tried it with no results.. But then again.. My Maters blow duck...
        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Is this truth or myth..?? I have tried it with no results.. But then again.. My Maters blow duck...
          well..that's what grandpa taught us. That and lookin' for little "hand grenade" looking things on the ground... tomato worm turds... then look up!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I was told the same.. But I have not seen any results..
            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              What the heck are you feeding that plant..??
              Originally posted by Richtee View Post

TH i have not done anything to that plant it is self feeding itself...no fertilzer just plain old H2O....its so big and healthy and it keeps growing....i will have to take a pic of the stalk its at least 1.5 - 2 inches diameter....

rich i have heard that too...my mom has told that when i planted just never took them off i will probably give a go next season.....
              Mike
              Oklahoma City
              Weber 22.5 Performer
              GOSM 3405gw
              Boomer Sooner Drum
              Maverick ET-732
              A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Great looking garden Mike!
                My tomatoes are starting to take off again too. I think the heat slowed them down during mid summer.
                My okra plants are around 5' tall.... yours are huge! Do you use a ladder to pick them?
                jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                  Great looking garden Mike!
                  My tomatoes are starting to take off again too. I think the heat slowed them down during mid summer.
                  My okra plants are around 5' tall.... yours are huge! Do you use a ladder to pick them?
                  i happy my maters are coming back hopefully we can get more of them thru october.....and that is one okra plant and i'm think i am going to need something to use when i pick from the top...i still have seeds for these type of plant and next year i will plant about a dozen of these....
                  Mike
                  Oklahoma City
                  Weber 22.5 Performer
                  GOSM 3405gw
                  Boomer Sooner Drum
                  Maverick ET-732
                  A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

That is some big Okra plant's...Nice...Louie didn't plant none this year cause a ol friend said he'd give her plenty....he has lived up to that. Louie won't let a pod get longer that her index finger. Gotta agree they become to tough. She has a had some tall one's like ya'll.
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Ive had okra taller than that but not the Clemson variety...thats a beauty...

Keep them maters watered and hope for a late freeze...
                      Thats kinda what mine look like but they are lookin better each week...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X