Fish on the grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish on the grill

Erain's walleye reminded me of a way I like to cook fish sometimes. A friend of mine brought over some talapia, and said she didn't care for it. Since it was almost thawed, I thought I'd make it and share this with you folks.

Kind of poaching the fish. Use tinfoil to loosely wrap the filet/s. Before sealing it all up drizzle some melted butter over it, and sprinkle it with powdered ranch dressing. The stuff you mix with sour cream for veggies and chip dip. Whatever brand you prefer. Throw it on the grill.

Well, dad just told me he tried a new one. McCormick's Grill Mates Baja Citrus Marinade. I had to try it. It was so nice out today I just threw it in a pan and on the grill. Fantastic. Next time I may put it in the smoker.

You can also do it in the oven. It's great on just about any fish. Melt some butter in a glass casserole and layer the fish, sprinkling a little ranch on each layer. I've put as many as 20 panfish filets in there. Cover and cook at 350 for about 30 Min. Til it flakes apart. My DIL hated fish until she tried this and my grandson eats it like candy. And the butter/ranch stuff can be put over your taters.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

nice ray!!! we are so dang lucky to have the great fishing/and the greatest eating fish to be had bar none... thks for sharing
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Yep, The fish are great. Lived here all my life, and still eat fish at least once a week. Was going to save this for some walleye I have in the freezer, but oh well. I really wanted to share this. Both the ranch and the baja citrus. It's a must try.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Looks real good, you sure paula dean wasn't there helpin ya?

How bout some fish to go with that butter!

I like butter too. Don't feel bad!
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

MMMMM....Butter. It really is more water from the fish than butter. But you don't have to eat that unless you want to.
          S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

That looks really good, Ray. I just picked up some of that Baja seasoning of McCormicks and have been pondering what to do with it.
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Gonna try that! Get loads of fish from FIL & BIL. Mainly Grouper.
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That does look real good. I used to do something similar but just added lemon slices and sliced onions, but that ranch or baja sounds like a winner to me.

Comment

Working...
                X