Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Pepperheads....

What should I do with these? Lol.

Now, I'm kind of a wienie when it comes to heat but you guys got me eating ABTs and now I'm experimenting. About a month ago, I picked up some of the little ones at an Asian farmer's market. I dehydrated them, hit them with the food processor and use them for spicing things up. They are pretty hot. Made some fridge pickles and threw in a pinch. Woohoo. I should have left some whole, because I want to infuse some olive oil and/or vinegar.

So....I stopped again Friday. They had tons this time and some really nice habaneros. These are way bigger than I've seen in the stores around here. Paid a dollar for a quart size bag of the little ones (I think they're banana peppers?) and 2.00 for the habs.

I got a brother that loves hot stuff. Plan to share a little with him, and bring some with deer hunting. This oughta spice up the chili. Lol.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

The vinegar's an excellent idea. Real handy for mops and other stuff too. Drop about 20 of them little red suckers in quart of white vinegar. Careful with those habs... best not to add more than a half of one chopped in a pot of chili without tasting it. You were warned!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      The vinegar's an excellent idea. Real handy for mops and other stuff too. Drop about 20 of them little red suckers in quart of white vinegar. Careful with those habs... best not to add more than a half of one chopped in a pot of chili without tasting it. You were warned!
      I'll be careful. Little steps.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
      X