Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jewish Challah Bread. Best bread I ever had.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish Challah Bread. Best bread I ever had.

Been wanting to make this and finally decided today was the day.
    It's a sour dough version of Challah. I have to say that this is the best bread I've ever eaten. Very rich and flavorful, especially with butter and honey.

This bread is brushed with egg and poppy seeds.

This is the first time I've done a double braided loaf and I guess I got one of the strands out of whack because as it rose, the top braid pushed off to the side a little. But all in all not bad for a first time.

I wish I would have taken a pic of this loaf when I broke it, cause it looks awesome. But as I put a piece to my mouth, I forgot all about that damn camera.

Tom

i wish i was there to help you eat it
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Just awesome....man I can almost smell it!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great looking bread, Gunny! I think I have a recipe for that. Guess I'll have to try it.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow, that's nice.. How big of a loaf is (or should I say was) it. ?
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

You did a nice job on the braid. Or did your wife do that part.? lol.

Comment

Thing a beauty GS! Where'd ya buy it? JK, looks awesome, wish I had those skills!

Comment

Tom, that looks fantastic! I bet it was wonderful hot out of the oven... Nice job!
                jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

No words needed . I just got'a "WOW" Gunner freaking amazing...
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                    Wow, that's nice.. How big of a loaf is (or should I say was) it. ?
                    I'd call it an average sized loaf or a little bigger.

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                    You did a nice job on the braid. Or did your wife do that part.? lol.
                    Yeah I hear ya. Actually I'm not so sure she knows how to braid.

Originally posted by RSands View Post
                    Thing a beauty GS! Where'd ya buy it? JK, looks awesome, wish I had those skills!
                    Well, I bought the flour at an Amish grain mill, and the chickens lay the eggs and...........
                    I wish the braid would have been more even with the rest of the loaf, but I'm not entering a contest or anything.

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                    Tom, that looks fantastic! I bet it was wonderful hot out of the oven... Nice job!
                    FANTASTIC!!!!

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                    No words needed . I just got'a "WOW" Gunner freaking amazing...
                    TRhanks Zeekster.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X