Smoking paprika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking paprika

I saw a post from Irish Tea Bear the other day where she was smoking a tray of dried powdered paprika...Is that the way it is generally done? Cause I was thinking I would smoke fresh peppers for a while and then dry them on the dehydrator...like I do chipotle...

Just wondering...
    Craig
    sigpic

Thats how I do mine.. Smoke the peppers, dehydrate and grind.. I would think if your smoking already ground spices they would take on a heavier smoke flavor..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I was thinkin being dry might make it kinda hard to take on any smoke...but I could be all wrong on that one...

I hope she shows up to tell me how it turned out...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Smoke Freak, I cold smoke paprika. I smoke it at a low temperature and give it a stir every hour or so.

here's an old link to some pics...

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/...ngs-today.html

The lower the temperature and the longer the smoke the better.
        jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

i been smoking my Hungarian paprika peppers, at the end of a smoke session, when the fire is low..........then dehydrate. I don't powder em all up at once tho.............just powder em up as i need em. The powder is fresher this way.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
            i been smoking my Hungarian paprika peppers, at the end of a smoke session, when the fire is low...........
            You know what they say about smokin that paprika....

Just say no man.....
            sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

LOL Dan. Nice lookin brain though, mm, I mean egg.
              Last edited by SmokinLee; 09-16-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
                You know what they say about smokin that paprika....

Just say no man.....
                HA! The hardest thing about smokin paprika is keeping it lit..........
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

LOL! you guys are killing me... perhaps this should be moved now to the "fattie" section... Im just saying...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                    LOL! you guys are killing me... perhaps this should be moved now to the "fattie" section... Im just saying...

No Kel, they got even worse.. Just like a bunch of boys in the tree house..

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4334
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

LMAO, I missed that thread Ken... you are correct, a bunch of boys in a treehouse! "your killing me smalls"

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        I saw a post from Irish Tea Bear the other day where she was smoking a tray of dried powdered paprika...Is that the way it is generally done? Cause I was thinking I would smoke fresh peppers for a while and then dry them on the dehydrator...like I do chipotle...

Just wondering...
                        Last 8 years i have been splitting them in half-leaving a hinge for handling.I smoke at 90-110 for 6 hours on average.I like pecan/apple/peach.

Into dehydrator at 115-120 till dry.I have found temps below 120 degree give me a true color in finished product i.e. they do not get dark..

I vac-u-seal and gently toast-releasing the aromatics-and use as i need.I have 2 year old peppers that are in perfect shape/fresh-sealed this way.

Comment

Working...
                        X