Pizza on the Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza on the Grill

I've been wanting to share this with you folks for a while. Got around to it today. I used Roma tomatoes, yellow onion, sweet banana pepper, Canadian Bacon, Italian seasonings, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.

I like to roast the veggies first. It serve two purposes. One, I like the flavor and two, it goes pretty fast and you want the veggies cooked. I also precook any sausage or raw meats when used.

Once you get the veggies diced, roll out the dough. You can use your favorite dough recipe, but I used a pre-mixed one today. Split it into two, and roll it out into about an 8 inch circle. Need to be able to handle it on the grill. Don't make them too big, or too thin. Besides, they're like personal pizzas. Each can have their own.

It's hard to take pics by yourself in this next step, and make sure you have all your ingredients ready. Brush a liberal coat of olive oil on one side. Put the oiled side down on about a 400 degree grill. When it gets browned on the bottom side, brush a coat of oil on the top side and flip. Here's where you need to hurry. Spread your ingredients over the crust, cover with cheese and/or meat and drop the lid. You want to melt the cheese and warm everything up without burning the crust. When you pull it off, sprinkle it with some Italian seasoning.

Thanks for checking out my Sunday dinner.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Woo Wee, I see the gig is pizza! Double R ya done good!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I am currently on my second bowl of beer cheese soup and that still makes me hungry, looks delicious !!!
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
        I am currently on my second bowl of beer cheese soup and that still makes me hungry, looks delicious !!!

I would like to see this recipe...

Thats a damn fine looking pie Ray... Slice of that and a cold brew..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

what ken said.........bout the only thing i like CLOSE to cheese soup, is a good cream of tater soup..........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

RR that looks yummy. I'll take 2 slices please.

Tom

Comment

Excellent looking pizza! I did one on the grill because the power was out in the house. Didn't look anything like yours!
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I've been wanting to share this with you folks for a while
                mmmmm... where's my slice?

Looks mighty tasty Ray!
                jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                  mmmmm... where's my slice?

Looks mighty tasty Ray!
                  I'm afraid you're out of my delivery area. Lol. But if we ever meet camping somewhere, I'll be sure to make you some.

Thanks for all the comments. Give it a try. Beats frozen anyday.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Now that's the way to do Pizza. Kudos RR...
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Great looking pizza, love the CB.
                      Col. Big Guy

Comment

Great looking pizzas Ray ! They are a lot of fun and you can do alot with 'em.
                        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Hell of a pie ray. Great Job.

Comment

I have seen this many times. I mean this method, not this post.

Anyway, it HAS to be tastier. Smoke being an ingredient. And even just grilling with the Malliard across the grate and the smoke from that going on.
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              I have seen this many times. I mean this method, not this post.

Anyway, it HAS to be tastier. Smoke being an ingredient. And even just grilling with the Malliard across the grate and the smoke from that going on.
                              Hehe, it is tastier. But you'd be surprised at how many have never tried it. It's fun and easy to do. Plus the kids can help make and choose their own ingredients.
                              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X