Tater Diggin time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tater Diggin time

Today I dug one row of taters, Needles helped too. I have 4 rows 150 ft. each of 4 different varieties. Today we dug out the Desiree its a red skinned yellow flesh tater.

this is 1/3 of a row on the rack

a duck tater

Col. Big Guy

Spud's....Big Dude.....Love em.....just a fine garden!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Love them taters, but my pancreas don't.

Tom

Comment

Great crop you got Big Guy. You are the garden guru this year with a killer crop. All the best
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Holy Mackerel Big Guy ! That is a load 'o 'taters bud !...1 potato...2 potato...3 potato...4...
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nice spuds bud. Since my dad passed last april I guess I will be buying them this year. I should plant taters at his place next spring, he has the soil for it and easy digging. He liked to plant alot of varieties including those German Fingerling totoes, which are real nice for frying and tater salad.

Comment

Big Guy, that looks fantastic! You'll be eating well this winter!
              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love rhe red taters.Yep-they store/sometimes well.

Dang-little oil into skillet.I know let em rest abit./couple months for skin......

That is beautiful.............My neighbor is king of potato bugs.,

Thanks.........I am hungry.......
                Last edited by ALX; 09-15-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Cool racking system, BG. Have a bench in my basement that's similar, hinged at the wall side too so I can pull it up outta the way when not needed.

How much land you got? Gotta have an acre or so of garden eh?
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yes my racks are hinged and fold up when not in use.They come in handy at harvest time.

I have 10 acres, 7 in hay. the other 3 are lawn and garden minus the house.
                    Last edited by Big Guy; 09-16-2009, 06:06 AM.
                    Col. Big Guy

Comment

Dang, thats lots o' taters! they look huge too! not the ridiculously small red ones I have seen lately. I love your garden, thanks so much for sharing it's growing and harvesting with us!
                      Now about some seeds for that BLL tree??

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nice!! Yes, thanks for sharing your garden and harvest with us all! Your hard work is paying off!
                        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                        Pink Thermapen
                        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                          Dang, thats lots o' taters! they look huge too! not the ridiculously small red ones I have seen lately. I love your garden, thanks so much for sharing it's growing and harvesting with us!
                          Now about some seeds for that BLL tree??
                          No seed its a grafted tree.I would have to send you a branch that was grafted on to a root stock.
                          Col. Big Guy

Comment

More Taters

Needles and I dug another row of Taters today we got 12 5- gallon pails of "Agria" its a brown skinned potato with a dark yellow flesh, very tasty. We now only have 2 more rows to dig.

Col. Big Guy

Comment

Ok, how did you manage to get taters that look that good? The ones we bought up there didn't look like that. Hope they taste better than what we got.

Went fishing up there last year. They confiscated our 10# bag of taters. Some B.S. about ours having a fungus. I paid nearly 10.00 for a 5# bag!! Somebody's figured a way to make some money. I ate them and it's not gold they were filled with.

If we go next year, I'll come visit you and swipe some. Lol.
                              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X