Some Bacon Wrapped Brats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Bacon Wrapped Brats

When camping last time I doctored up some store bought brats before putting them on the fire.

I slit them open, added slivers of jalapeno peppers then wrapped them in bacon.

Caramelized some sliced onions in butter...and put on a marinaded loin...

Added some twangy kraut to the caramelized onions....

Toasted some buns.....

The jalapeno stuffed, bacon wrapped brat topped with caramelized onions and twangy kraut....and a ribbon of brown spicy mustard.

I forgot about the loin, I was more interested in having a brat and cold beer.

Thanks for checking out my brat!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

For GOD'S sake...... You had to go and BACON wrap them......
    sigpic

Comment

Haha... I like that.. I bet it was good too..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

SURPRISE brats! Bravo CG... I'm outta superlatives to describe your inventivness and talents... and that takes some DOING for me to be at a loss for words...hehehe...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Sure looks tasty Jeanie ! I like the jap and bacon gig ya got going on .
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Now that is something I will do. Maybe with some homemade brats I have in the freezer. Or maybe I will have to make jalapeno/bacon brats next time I fire up the meat grinder.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Lookin mighty tastey. I really like kraut with a sausage/dog on a bun. And like wu said; I was thinking the same thing when makeing sausage next time with a small batch..................just put it all in there. Well except for the beer and the mustard of course. hehe

Comment

Yep, gotta' try that one too! for taking a "normal" and bumping it up to something special!

Comment

Great looking brats, Jeanie! I've done a bacon wrap on hot dogs but never thought about the jalapenos. Thanks for a great idea.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

well Cg i am like rich im outta words to desribe your smokes and grilling....but if you ever need a investor to open up your own resto look me up....it would be a sure thing.....BTW do you own a stove/oven????.....nice job again
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

That looks great, Jeanie! I bet they were tasty, too. I like the japs in 'em!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Way to go Jeannie! I like having someone else on here that does campfire cookin'. These are now on my list to fix when we go back up to the lake to close up for Winter. After that I'll have to start cooking on the portable backyard fire pit that my daughter gave me for father's day. I love my Biker Billy japs as they about the hottest I've found so far, so I'll load my brats up with them and for the missus, I'll use her no heat japs.

for concocting a real crowd pleaser!

Comment

Great job on the doggs...Ill have mine with cheese please...
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Great brats Jeanie, love the jap idea, Im gonna 459 that one for sure, I know you had a cold beer with it... the mountains are blue!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks everybody! I was thinking the same thing about homemade brats. Next time I'll take some with me.
                              Maybe it was the location...(the lake) but that brat was pretty tasty washed down with a cold beer. lol
                              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X