Pepperoni Snack Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepperoni Snack Sticks

Hmmmm.... Let's see..... I have to wait until next saturday to smoke my Canadian Bacon & I will be home watching Football all day. I am bored off my ass without something to do when home, so I went to a local sporting goods store & got Hi-Country Pepperoni cure/seasoning. BEFORE the Washington Husky game started I was back & watching, grinding, mixing, measuring & drinking beer.

Used 2.5# Beef & 2.5# Pork for a 5# batch & followed the grinding, seasoning/cure instructions. Looked kinda "Brownish" when finished final grind, then jammed into stinky Sheep casings & was kinda puzzled by the color, but thought oh well prolly seasoning & cure..... Started them @ 120* for 2 hours with hickory, then bumped up to 165* and shooting for an internal temp of 152* per instructions on the package. It's about 3 hours in now & the thermo reads about 142*. They are starting to take on a nice dark Mahogany kinda color. This batch I did not care about hanging them, but I think I will get me some accessories for the MES so I can hang them next time & avoid marks from the shelves... NO biggie to me right now! Post an update when completed.....

Has anyone else used the Hi-Country seasonings? I have used
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Look at you go. That's some good stuff. Slice some of it up, it's great on pizzas. I've used several different Hi-Country seasonings. Never had any complaints.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

I like to use the 19 mm collagen casings for these.
      Great job
      Col. Big Guy

Comment

Looks great ,good job so howed they taste?
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Scott

way to go i like the snack stix they are great i have used the hi country jerky seasoning its great stuff i just made 25 pounds of stix using the sausage makers snack stix seasoning here is what i used in it i got this last sunday

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
            Looks great ,good job so howed they taste?
            Still not to temp yet, they look really good though... I'm tempted, but..... Should not be to long.

BIG GUY: I almost picked up the thinner collagen casings, but there are a couple of local smokehouses that sell "Pepperoni" that I really like in the Sheep size casings, so I thought I would try them first. Pretty easy prep and was $7.99 to cure 30#. Not too bad eh?
            sigpic

Comment

I would HIGHLY recommend this stuff. It is "as good or better" than any pepperoni I have bought from a commercial store. I did use the MSG included in the package (as an optional ingredient) that was mixed with the seasoning packet. A+ Great Stuff! Photos next post, sorry!
              Last edited by Fishawn; 09-19-2009, 11:28 PM. Reason: forgot photos, oh well next post
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by salmonclubber View Post
                Scott

way to go i like the snack stix they are great i have used the hi country jerky seasoning its great stuff i just made 25 pounds of stix using the sausage makers snack stix seasoning here is what i used in it i got this last sunday

Damn nice bull elk there. When did you bag him?

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Still not to temp yet, they look really good though... I'm tempted, but..... Should not be to long.

BIG GUY: I almost picked up the thinner collagen casings, but there are a couple of local smokehouses that sell "Pepperoni" that I really like in the Sheep size casings, so I thought I would try them first. Pretty easy prep and was $7.99 to cure 30#. Not too bad eh?
                I like the collagen casings myself, but they are not as forgiving as sheep guts.
                They look beautiful, man. It rained all day here, so I knocked off 10 lbs each of Brats (new recipe and awesome) Italians, and Polish. Gonna pickle the Polish. Be my first time pickling them.

Tom

Comment

Cut to lenghts, Random Chunks & Link size...
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                    Damn nice bull elk there. When did you bag him?

I like the collagen casings myself, but they are not as forgiving as sheep guts.
                    They look beautiful, man. It rained all day here, so I knocked off 10 lbs each of Brats (new recipe and awesome) Italians, and Polish. Gonna pickle the Polish. Be my first time pickling them.
                    Guns, would love to see a pickling post. I would like to try that some time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by salmonclubber View Post
                      Scott

I think I missed the pic & post the first time Huey, AWESOME JOB MAN!... I sent you a PM.

For ELKZILLA!.....
                      sigpic

Comment

FISH...Dude! I cant keep up with you man! You're rocking out the sausages and sticks like its your job. Looks great!

Nice Elk Clubber! 5x5?

Comment

Elk was a 6X6 i killed it last sunday it was an awesome day in the woods we seen 3 bears all over 200 pounds just could not get close enough to them to get a shot the biggest bear was pushing 400 pounds i know where he lives i will be back after him before the season closes we found the elk about noon on sept 13 it was the biggest nastiest brush hole he could hide in there was a small open spot that he was close to he was bugling and making lots of noise it was really exciting after i shot him i was shaking so bad it was awesome it was a great weekend and a great day in the PNW

Happyness is a full smoker

Comment

Folks... we have created a sausage-monster! LOL!

Great lookin' stuff, man! And talk about speed-stuffing...LOL! More
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                              I will get me some accessories for the MES so I can hang them next time & avoid marks from the shelves...
                              Good job Fish. Just get you some 3/8 or 1/2" wood dowel rod and cut to length to go across your MES. Drape your sausage over them, and your good to go.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X