Modifications on the Massive Meat Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications on the Massive Meat Pipe

Ok! I took all of your adivce, changed a few things, and have a finished product for you all to give me thaughts on. These are only a few pictures, as the beast is at a friends shop that he is letting me build it in. I will be bringing her home tomorrow, and will get a detailed section of pictures for all of you to look at. I took RichTee's advice and added more flow between the smoke box and cook chamber. What I ended up with, is 45 square inches rectangular, and 25 square inches with the 4" EMT, all dampable, for a total of 70 square inches of controllable flow. For the diffuser, I took a piece of 4" EMT(or exhaust pipe), made it 29" long, covering all the flow opening, cut it in half length wise, and made 1/8" slits every 3/4 of an inch, leaving the ends open. Thank you Uncle Honkey for helping me on this. I also added a shelf the unit in the front, and added wheels to the back, basically turning the whole smoker into a "hand truck", makes it so easy to move it's unreal. I will get more detailed pics tomorrow. Anyway, let me know what you think, I will be breaking her in next week, with a fatty and some stuffed peppers if all works right, so let's hope for best!! Thanks for taking a look!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by massive meat pipe; 09-20-2009, 08:30 AM.

You are on it Chris ! Hey man you got it going on with that hand truck idea too bud. I think your diffuser/manifold will work great for ya. Identical to what I have done. Everything is looking good Can't wait to see her all fired up. When you can call all of it your own, the feeling is indescribable.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Yep Yep...likin' that manifold/tuner there MMP. A couple thermos ta the grate should tell the tale. Nice work!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
      X