Salsiccia Siciliana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salsiccia Siciliana

I have been looking for a nice italian sausage recipe. I have made a couple but haven't found "the one" yet. Well I think I might have now. This is adjusted slightly from a Len Poli recipe.

I used:
    10 lbs pork butt
    1.5 lb bacon
    9 tsp kosher salt
    4 tsp black pepper
    4 tsp granulated garlic
    6 tsp fennel seed
    2 tsp white pepper
    1/2 tsp coriander

The meat cut up and partially frozen

Coating the meat evenly with the seasonings

All ground up

Stuffed into natural casings.

Browned the sausage then it simmered all day in the homemade sauce. Plated up some pasta with sausage and a couple meatballs.

The whole family got together and gave compliments on the sausage. My wife and her sister both said it reminded them of the stuff they ate as kids. And my wife old italian grandmother gave a few compliments as well
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

OMG!!! ou have got the winning recipe right there Adam, Nana liked it? your good to go! I can't wait to start this obssesion.... Beautiful plate of yumminess oh la la....

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Sounds like you nailed it WU, I could not view your pics on my Blackberry, but will in the am........."simmered all day in homemade sauce" sounds about.... GREAT...Nice work pal!
      sigpic

Comment

That's just a thing of beauty Wu. I just got'a ...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Looks and sounds like a winner!
          sigpic

GOSM/propane
          UDS (Cam)/lump
          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
          Weber Genesis/propane
          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Excellent looking sausage and a great looking plate.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks everyone. I would definately make this recipe again.

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
              OMG!!! ou have got the winning recipe right there Adam, Nana liked it? your good to go! I can't wait to start this obssesion.... Beautiful plate of yumminess oh la la....
              Yeah I got the approval from Nana. So I guess that says something.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Way to go Tanger! Looks wonderul!

Comment

Gotta have that Italian sausage around my house to keep the natives from getting restless. Those look great Wut!
                  Keith

Comment

Thanks Wu, when I do get a grinder I'll revisit this one, looks really good! Gave ya points for the spicey a couple minutes ago but this is worthy to!

Comment

Holy hankerin fer sausage stuffin' ...this looks like a tasty treat for sure Adam. Those sausages are beautiful . I'm waiting for the wife to hook me up wit' a new grinder stuffer. Then it's ON !
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, that looks Awesome WU!.... Grill me up a big one, a splash of your homemade sauce and some fresh moz on a good bun and under the broiler for a bit...... Nice Work!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks again for the comments. This recipe is definately a keeper.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Oh yeah, that looks Awesome WU!.... Grill me up a big one, a splash of your homemade sauce and some fresh moz on a good bun and under the broiler for a bit...... Nice Work!
                          I like the way you think.
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

looks good adam!!! i have a simalar recipie except it doesnt have the bacon in it. is it a big addition??? spose seems everything better with bacon. nice job and thks for sharing
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                              looks good adam!!! i have a simalar recipie except it doesnt have the bacon in it. is it a big addition??? spose seems everything better with bacon. nice job and thks for sharing
                              I used the bacon cause the recipe called for some pork fat and bacon seemed like a fair substitution. I have previously made an italian sausage recipe that didn't have bacon, the coriander or white pepper. This recipe is definately better.
                              KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Working...
                              X