Smoked Tilapia Tostadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Tilapia Tostadas

I wanted to try something different with a couple of whole tilapias I had. You can check it out at http://mysite.verizon.net/resubqew/c...ssite/id8.html

Thanks for viewing my stuff amigos, and be careful with whole tilapias, they have a lot of bones. Smoke and seeds forever.
    GOSM Big Block
    Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
    Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
    Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

That is one heaping tostada Rich. Looks real good too! I just made a tomatillo soup this evening and some homeade tostada shells just to eat on the side. I'll bet that was one good meal and to wash it all down with that Modello.

Comment

That looks great!! How long did the fish take to smoke? What kind of wood did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by massive meat pipe View Post
        That looks great!! How long did the fish take to smoke? What kind of wood did you use?
        The fish were ready in 2 1/2 hrs. smoking at 225°, I used one fist sized chunk of alder wood.
        GOSM Big Block
        Weber 22 1/2 in. grill
        Brinkman all-in-one charcoal and gas
        Pepperhead Award posthumously-

Miss you Rich- How's the ABT's up there?

Comment

YUMMY! Rich, I love tilapia! heck never thought about smoking them before... your right about the bones, danged fish have a trillion bones in them! The tostada is the money shot! Delicioso!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Rich,I like your idea on this, very light and fresh. Great pictures too. Thanks for sharing this and keep them coming!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow. Rich I missed this thread killer Tilapia. You rocked that one Bud...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

2 Smoked Tilapia Tostadas and a bucket of Modelos could make me a happy dude!!
                Keith

Comment

Real nice! love my fish, had a bad experience as a kid with bones, lil mental block ya done a real fine job!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Really great looking Tostadas Rich. Thanks for sharing with us. I will now have to get my rear in gear. We love fish tacos, this is just a bigger and better level!
                    Nice smoke
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X