Grilled Stuffed Boneless Drumsticks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Stuffed Boneless Drumsticks!

De-boned these Saturday, stuffed with a creme cheese concoction, sewed up the big end, glazed in sweet and sour sauce then grilled.
    These are a good appetizer and you can stuff them with anything, just make sure the stuffing gets to 170° before you eat them. And stuff only about 1/2 full, because they shrink up quite a bit.

Raw just after de-boning. Once you get to the end of the bone, chop it, leaving about 3/4 of an inch intact. That plugs the small end.

Here's a batch just off the grill.

This is a whole leg, and these were pretty big to start out, but shrunk up quite a bit. This is on a small desert plate.

Yummy.

These are awesome with crumbled fatty, diced smoked pork loin, wild rice, or even a typical croûton and sage stuffing. But this here is Heavenly.

Tom

these look very friggin good there tom, and very neat idea to debone and stuff!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Gunslinger
      They look great and I like the idea !!!

So how do you debone a thigh and what do you sew them with, regular sewing thread, fishing line.....?
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Great idea Tom, never thought about de-boning a drumstick and stuffing it. Is is difficult? Looks great!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh dang I could mow through a ton of them bad boys! Nice idea ! Thanks for sharing
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Thats a dang good idea! They sure look great!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Whatta great idea! looks great.
              sigpic

GOSM/propane
              UDS (Cam)/lump
              22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
              Weber Genesis/propane
              Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Gunny, you get just for having the persistence and patience to cut the bones outta those things not to mention the delicious looking food you turned them into. Way to go Buddy!

Comment

Slinger, you got some good looking legs there. They look juicy and moist.
                  Bill
                  sigpic"Nothing could be finer than to live in Caroilna"

"Pessimism never won any battle"

"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN"
                  "PROUD TO BE A VETERAN"

Comment

OK I gotta give for this one. Good stuff, Gunny!
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I Like it, I Like it

Comment

Cool idea, great execution. Those look outstanding.
                        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                          So how do you debone a thigh and what do you sew them with, regular sewing thread, fishing line.....?
                          These are legs Dude. Thighs suck to debone, especially if the ribs are attached. I sewed up the ends of these with butcher twine. Can't remember the diameter, but it's small.

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Great idea Tom, never thought about de-boning a drumstick and stuffing it. Is is difficult? Looks great!
                          Pretty easy really. It takes me about 15 minutes to debone 20 of them, then it took probably 30 minutes to fill and sew. I use a decorators bag for the filling, but a zip-lock with the corner cut off would work too.

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                          Gunny, you get just for having the persistence and patience to cut the bones outta those things not to mention the delicious looking food you turned them into. Way to go Buddy!
                          Thanks. It really isn't bad once you have done it a couple of times. Try to debone a whole chicken for the first time.

Tom

Comment

from me too. I gotta say, thats is incredibly ingenious. I woulda never thought of that in a million years.

So it looks like ya push the bone up from the small end through the large end? Lop it off and push it back down?

You got my imagination goin now, thanks a ton for that!

on edit, the points hafta wait till tomorrow, seems as I have spent too many today. All these great smokes this weekend, all I did was buffalo drummies( with the bone in lol).
                            Last edited by Capt Dan; 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM.
                            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Beautiful Gams there Gunny!
                              Its a brilliant idea, they look to die for too... gonna have to try this on soon... I hope I don't lop of a digit trying to de-bone them tho!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X