Easy egg noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy egg noodles

Not sure if anyone would be interested in these, but thought I'd post them in case you had a use for them. I use them in chicken, venison or beef and noodles.
    They might be good with leftover smoked meat.

I combine 2 cups of flour with 1 teaspoon of salt...

add three egg yolks and one whole egg.
    then mix in 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water

Knead on floured surface...

Divide into fourths....

Roll out each section as thin as you like ......

Wrap the dough around your rolling pin....

Remove the rolling pin....

Cut with a sharp knife or pizza wheel.... ( I like thick noodles)

Shake out the noodles and hang to dry for 2 hours.....

Boil in some salted water until tender....

Add to your pot of chicken and broth....

They might be good with leftover smoked meats, I'll have to see if I can come up with a recipe for that. lol

Thanks for checking out my noodles. :)
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Noodles look great Jeanie and can't imagine why they wouldn't be good with some left over smoked meat. Some pulled chuckie comes to mind. Only home made noodles I've ever made are spatzel, kinda cross between a noodle and a dumpling.
    sigpic

GOSM/propane
    UDS (Cam)/lump
    22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
    Weber Genesis/propane
    Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

I make a little lighter noodle, Jeanie... 1 cup flour and 1 egg, teaspoon Kosher. Or more in that ratio. Might take a bit of water to get right consistancy for rolling. Last batch I added a blanched peeled tomato mashed up for a nice color for the chicken soup :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thanks Jeanie! I'll have to try this out. We make a lot of soups.
        Keith

Comment

I love them homeade noodles. And was just telling my wife we need to make some here real soon.Yours look real good an I used to roll and cut like that till I bought one of them hand crank roller/cutters. Do I dare say the brand name?..................................Pasta Queen ................LOL It works real good.

Comment

They sure look good Jeanie and the Good Lord knows I'd love a big bowl of them, but my blood sugar levels don't allow for such treat anymore. Enjoy my share for me will ya?

Comment

CG looks good...but as with michchef my blood sugar doesnt like all that flour but i am going to try this with soy flour or almond flour....michchef you might try this to since its the carbs that get us on the glucose rise....but i also love my noodles especially since we heading into fall ...all the good stews and soups
              Mike
              Oklahoma City
              22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
              Weber 22.5 Performer
              GOSM 3405gw
              Boomer Sooner Drum
              Maverick ET-732
              Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
              A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

I don't really know Doc. But is that Semolina flour that is used in alot of noodles just as bad as white flour?

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
                CG looks good...but as with michchef my blood sugar doesnt like all that flour but i am going to try this with soy flour or almond flour....michchef you might try this to since its the carbs that get us on the glucose rise....but i also love my noodles especially since we heading into fall ...all the good stews and soups

Comment

thankx curley gurl...............bookmarked

i see you are ethnically correct when chosing your eggs...........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

I see she has an Arocana? or two. Sort of a green egg. I used to have one chicken like that, along with barred rock, buff orpington and rhode island reds. Had about 27 in all but they seemed to get some sort of lung problems. I tried putting this purple stuff ( don't remember the name) in their water. but they all just died. So I just burn't the coop down. Sure do miss them fresh eggs though.

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                    thankx curley gurl...............bookmarked

i see you are ethnically correct when chosing your eggs...........

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                      I don't really know Doc. But is that Semolina flour that is used in alot of noodles just as bad as white flour?
                      Semolina is made from durum wheat. It's just a much harder wheat. It's just as bad as any other wheat flour. When I was younger, I'd never imagined that carbs would be bad for me.

I see she has an Arocana? or two. Sort of a green egg. I used to have one chicken like that, along with barred rock, buff orpington and rhode island reds. Had about 27 in all but they seemed to get some sort of lung problems. I tried putting this purple stuff ( don't remember the name) in their water. but they all just died. So I just burn't the coop down. Sure do miss them fresh eggs though.
                      We are getting rid of the last 5 Araucanas in our flock on Friday. Woman a couple of towns west is willing to pay 20 bucks per bird for them. I don't really care for them. They we're a neat novelty when we first start raising production hens, but they are the first to stop laying and the last to start. We don't provide light in the coup, so our chickens don't lay much in the winter.

Tom

Comment

well basically flour period is not good for a diabetic BUT we get in to the carbs situtation ...whole grain flour like whole wheat is good because the carbs are complex and its a whole grain and it digest slowly then reg flour , soy flour is made from soybeans which are low carb and almond flour same thing made from almonds and it is really low carb and diabetic friendly....so there are some options out there that diabetic still want there noodles and not have too worry to much about there glucose levels rising...but keep in mind portion control is the thing too much of these can still rise those glucose levels....but this is a option for us diabetics if we want some noodles now and then...
                        Mike
                        Oklahoma City
                        22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                        Weber 22.5 Performer
                        GOSM 3405gw
                        Boomer Sooner Drum
                        Maverick ET-732
                        Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                        A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Thanks jeanie.Never done that trick with rolling pin...

Comment

That is the good stuff Jeanie ! That's the way we know the noodle biz here as well. Super post.. soup time is a comin' quick. Thank you for sharing .
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nice Miss Jeanie.....Louie has a different version, thicker for dumplins. She's on this for soups!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                              X