Jimmie johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmie johnson

How is this possible in era of parity....
    Last edited by ALX; 10-02-2009, 11:07 AM.

He has a clever crew chief who CHEATS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jimmie is a great driver, and he has alot of talent on that team. Combine that with the Hendricks racing dynasty, and its a complete package.

He is a great role model, stays out of trouble, doesn't go storming of to the hauler after a loss, and doesn't taunt others after a win. Very professional, and could be the only 4 time consecutive champion in a couple months.
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Well said Dan....what sux is they can't work on these cars. They fit a template & thats it. Yeah ya get side by side racin.....I can get that everytime I drive to Atlanta! Nascar has no....no....no & I said no rule book. If you can find one plz let me see it. I applaud a CC that pushes the envelope. Chad is a fine CC. .006 come on...Only friggin thing good about this car is driver safety. Yes.....Louie, i'll shut up!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

There is no parity in NASCAR, never has been and never will be. It is always the wealthy teams that win, week in and week out. Jimmie really seems to step it up in the chase (I hate the chase).

I know the cars are supposed to be the same and to a large degree they are, but what you get for your money is a lot of R&D to set up for spring rates, tire pressures, shock rebound rates, etc...

Install revenue sharing like in the NFL and you will see parity, but for te moment NASCAR is just like Major League Baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
            Jimmie is a great driver, and he has alot of talent on that team. Combine that with the Hendricks racing dynasty, and its a complete package.

He is a great role model, stays out of trouble, doesn't go storming of to the hauler after a loss, and doesn't taunt others after a win. Very professional, and could be the only 4 time consecutive champion in a couple months.
            Its a once in a lifetime combination tween driver and crew chief. A solid team anchored by Rick Hendrick...Top of the line talent. Lead by the greatest "coach" in the sport...Say what you will about money buyin wins...look at the Yankees...It works to some degree but its bigger than that...I suspect the same ammount of $$$ has been spent on the 88...

If he dosent get the forth this year........it will never happen.........its that huge....
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post

Bravo Capt Dan, he is a class guy for sure. In a sport where that tradition is waning... Unfortunately.

Originally posted by Tom Riddle View Post
              There is no parity in NASCAR, never has been and never will be. It is always the wealthy teams that win, week in and week out. Jimmie really seems to step it up in the chase (I hate the chase).

I know the cars are supposed to be the same and to a large degree they are, but what you get for your money is a lot of R&D to set up for spring rates, tire pressures, shock rebound rates, etc...

Install revenue sharing like in the NFL and you will see parity, but for te moment NASCAR is just like Major League Baseball.
              Again, agreed, the smaller teams no matter how much the say the playing field is equal with the COT, still have no shot, really. There have been teams that have been in the sport for years, and are slowly morphing and joining other larger teams... I am really glad fat boy is doing well, but he too has a pretty good size pocket book..

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by tom riddle View Post
                there is no parity in nascar, never has been and never will be. It is always the wealthy teams that win, week in and week out. Jimmie really seems to step it up in the chase (i hate the chase).

I know the cars are supposed to be the same and to a large degree they are, but what you get for your money is a lot of r&d to set up for spring rates, tire pressures, shock rebound rates, etc...

Install revenue sharing like in the nfl and you will see parity, but for te moment nascar is just like major league baseball.
                wish i could play a fiddle. Lol.
                SCOTT

Comment

Yep-Its probably a bit like that pilot sully-something-who hit those birds and ditched in the river.Heck of a pilot-regardless...

I actually like kyle busch sometimes just because he ia hated so thoroughly

I just thought it would be strange in era of chase someone could dominate last 10 races so thorough...

Always will like racin though..........

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                    Bravo Capt Dan, he is a class guy for sure. In a sport where that tradition is waning... Unfortunately.

Again, agreed, the smaller teams no matter how much the say the playing field is equal with the COT, still have no shot, really. There have been teams that have been in the sport for years, and are slowly morphing and joining other larger teams... I am really glad fat boy is doing well, but he too has a pretty good size pocket book..
                    true.i gotta root for smoke though,the guy has won in every type of car & circuit.even w/ the best & fattest wallets in nascar a team boils down to the driver & tire changers in the end.i hate to say it but kyle bush will probably eventually grow up a bit & win more races than any other nascar driver in history(all series combined).
                    brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                    18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                    cast iron Hibachi
                    22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                    & rotisserator
                    12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                    stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                    Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                    http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                    my music recordings-
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                      true.i gotta root for smoke though,the guy has won in every type of car & circuit.even w/ the best & fattest wallets in nascar a team boils down to the driver & tire changers in the end.i hate to say it but kyle bush will probably eventually grow up a bit & win more races than any other nascar driver in history(all series combined).
                      Gotta admire Fatboy for what he has accomplished. Everyone knew he was a great driver but who woulda thought he could pull it off in the first season. And to bring Newman along with him is another surprise. Leaving Penske was a good choice for him.

As for KB...It makes me sorry to say.........You might be right.........
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        Its a once in a lifetime combination tween driver and crew chief. A solid team anchored by Rick Hendrick...Top of the line talent. Lead by the greatest "coach" in the sport...Say what you will about money buyin wins...look at the Yankees...It works to some degree but its bigger than that...I suspect the same ammount of $$$ has been spent on the 88...

If he dosent get the forth this year........it will never happen.........its that huge....
                        Agreed. They do have a lot of chemistry that equals a lot of wins. There are a lot of talented drivers out there in bad cars though. For example, the year that Darrell Waltrip jumped in Steve Park's car, it seemed as though DW found new life, when in reality he found a hot rod that could run. Jimmie is an exceptional talent and if he pulls off number four he will talked about in the same circles as Petty, Earnhardt, Pearson, and Gordon as an all timer for sure.

My opinion on Junior is the pressure to win is weighing pretty heavy on him and taking away from his talent. Perhaps a tad bit more has been spent on the 88...(?)

Comment

Working...
                        X