X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud 5 Year Old & His 800 Pound Trophy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    sigpic

Somewhere, some liberal is twitching because a 5 year old has a gun... and is apparently a pretty good shot.
    Wonder how smoked gator is? Ive had it fried, but that's about it.
    Avid Meatatarian
    Remember, it's not just a choice, its a lifestyle!

Comment

Too Cool.... Proud to be a Texan...
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        Proud to be a Texan...
        Yea, keep rubbing it in Ken. One day this fine Yankee from Kansas is going to convince his better half that Texas is the place to spend retirement years and not Montana.

I LOVE TEXAS!
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm....long side da boat with a glock....
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by hammerpb View Post
            Somewhere, some liberal is twitching because a 5 year old has a gun... and is apparently a pretty good shot.
            Wonder how smoked gator is? Ive had it fried, but that's about it.
            My boy just today bought my six year old grandson a Rossi two barrel. One .22 and the other .410. Keep on twitching out there!!
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

sweet, start em out young.

better to hunt with your kids then to hunt for them.
              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                Hmmm....long side da boat with a glock....
                I think if ya try to take a gator out with a Glock it better be a big Glock and that muzzle better be dead center against the skull. If I am going gator hunting I am taking a LAWS rocket or the current day equivalent. That is one big lizard with a tail as mean as its mouth.
                sigpic

Comment

that is one lucky kid. 99 times out of a 100 birdshot will just piss a gator off.

not sure what worries me most - 800lb gator in the fishing pond or a 5 year old with his own gun or the disneyfied way the whole thing comes over on the report.
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    that is one lucky kid. 99 times out of a 100 birdshot will just piss a gator off.

not sure what worries me most - 800lb gator in the fishing pond or a 5 year old with his own gun or the disneyfied way the whole thing comes over on the report.

Its OK CA... Most of us Texans learned how to use a gun before we could walk..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

The skull is from a 10 footer.....the lil one is one of them farm raised. Had to put the skull away. My granddaughter kept pulling his teeth out.

Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Started young myself, but at first it kinda scared me thinking of a 5 year old with a gun. Then I thought, heck, it wouldn't have been a bad thing to have him along in that situation.

His reflexes are probably better than mine!
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                          The skull is from a 10 footer.....the lil one is one of them farm raised. Had to put the skull away. My granddaughter kept pulling his teeth out.

hey tell her to pull some for me. Nice skulls.
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

Ahh CA, on this side of the world most kids are shooting at 5. At least here and down at Kens place anyhow. I know me and my brothers were, my grandkids all have been. Its not about fun or being a cowboy/girl. Its about teaching responsibility and respect.

I know quite a few members here who have gotten their kids Cricket rifles chambered in .22LR on this forum. I even went and got my grandson one after it was suggested. Never had a problem with him and he is about to turn 7. He never asks to take it off the wall and look or play with it. he knows it is serious business and not a toy. He does the same with his pellet rifle. He has toy guns to play with and does.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                              My boy just today bought my six year old grandson a Rossi two barrel. One .22 and the other .410. Keep on twitching out there!!
                              Thats a great little starter combo. I bought one for my boy about 2 years ago, and he loves it. I'm gonna have to get him something a little stouter for deer season though.
                              Avid Meatatarian
                              Remember, it's not just a choice, its a lifestyle!

Comment

Working...
                              X