Another Item on the Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Item on the Wish List

Well, I finally got the rotisserie kit for the drum. I've only cooked on it twice. The wish list was getting down to a manageable level and then I ran across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Oqa4LR_dg

http://www.ribolator.com/index.php

Rumor has it that it will work in a drum as long as the rotiss ring is in place.

Don't know how the flat style rotissierie compares to the true rotating rotisserie but it sure would increase the capacity.
    Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Hey Dave I didn't go to their webpage, just the Youtube video. But do they have one that will fit in a drum? If so, it would definitely raise capacity level like ya said.

I tell ya what. You buy one and smoke up a couple of slabs and a couple of butts. Ship them to me and I'll do a good honest judge for the forum.
    sigpic

Comment

I've got one of those Rib-o-lators coming next week for the drum. I'll keep you posted. The thing does look cool!

Comment

Now that is cool....be interesting to hear back about it.
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Now that's pretty slick.

Comment

I really need to build a drum... But I damn sure dont want to hear about to many smokers.. Sheesh!
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Can't ever have enough smokers Ken. We have to look at them like we did growing up with baseball cards and Hot-Wheels cars. But the amount we have is in our eyes. My wife thinks I have 5 too many. Wait until I get the fridge convert done and I still want to build a double drum.
              sigpic

Comment

DDave
                that thing is way cool. I saw something like that on a custom build at a state fair, they just did turkey legs on it.
                those drums are a nice addition to any one's collection of grills and smokers.
                maybe Bubba will offer one as a prize for the monthly Q event here at Smoked - meat.com,
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Dick View Post
                  I've got one of those Rib-o-lators coming next week for the drum. I'll keep you posted. The thing does look cool!
                  That's cool!! Someone from another forum said they made up one with shortened racks for his drum. But according to their website, they said that the normal one will work in a drum as long as the rotisserie ring is installed. I'll be looking forward to your report.

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                  maybe Bubba will offer one as a prize for the monthly Q event here at Smoked - meat.com,
                  LOL, I know he's donated one before for certain events. but the trouble is, depending on where you're located, the shipping would cost more than the drum.

Dave
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  -

Comment

I do believe, DDave, that the shortened one was to fit the Weber Kettle with the Weber Rotisserie Ring. Bob the Builder of the Ribolator told me the standard unit will fit a 55 gallon drum. Hope he wasn't just blowing smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                      I really need to build a drum... But I damn sure dont want to hear about to many smokers.. Sheesh!
                      I hear you! Louie knows i want to do a drum. Finish some projects & hell....you know the rest of the story!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Dick View Post
                        I do believe, DDave, that the shortened one was to fit the Weber Kettle with the Weber Rotisserie Ring. Bob the Builder of the Ribolator told me the standard unit will fit a 55 gallon drum. Hope he wasn't just blowing smoke!
                        SWEET!! Sounds like it will be perfect!!

Dave
                        UDS 1.0
                        Afterburner
                        Weber Performer
                        Blue Thermapen
                        Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                        Auber Smoker Controller
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                          DDave
                          that thing is way cool. I saw something like that on a custom build at a state fair, they just did turkey legs on it.
                          Shipping would suck!

Saw one in action today on a drum. Pretty sweet deal for chicken parts or ribs but not near big enough for a butt or a brisky.
                          Would like to get one myself just to be able to do 4 racks o ribs at a time!

Comment

Dave, thats cool. How much?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                              Dave, thats cool. How much?
                              $79.95

Dave
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X