• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang 60 mobile deluxe w/warmer/improvements

[ATTACH]1857[/ATTACH] mt. lion jumpin on a mule deer

[ATTACH]1858[/ATTACH] new and improved stack cover. BULLET PROOF NOW

[ATTACH]1859[/ATTACH] gotta support something

[ATTACH]1860[/ATTACH] Thinks he is hidden in the forest, ole coyote

[ATTACH]1861[/ATTACH] Lang's cooking grate welds. I replaced all three cooking grtaes.

[ATTACH]1862[/ATTACH] same grate larger view.

[ATTACH]1863[/ATTACH] the ones I had made. same O.D. but the I.D. was thicker metal. and welded with no holes or openings. I noticed in lang's that had a full load of meat, that the cooking grates looked liked they sagged. mor bowed. these are way more beefy.

[ATTACH]1864[/ATTACH] larger pic of the new cooking grates.

[ATTACH]1865[/ATTACH] this hole was crudly cut by a torch, then just left open, unwelded. I had her welded up some as to help retaian heat and smoke and hopefully better transfer of both.

[ATTACH]1866[/ATTACH] this is the area where the oils and juices travel down in to a bucket below the lang. the weld were so thick, that it was more like a dam or log jam. ground down flush now. should flow smoothly now.

[ATTACH]1867[/ATTACH] same thing and a crappy pic.

[ATTACH]1868[/ATTACH] nother angle of the new stack cover

[ATTACH]1869[/ATTACH] """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

[ATTACH]1870[/ATTACH] better weld on a protrusion hole for venting heat and smoke
    Last edited by Kyote; 10-04-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: what it is
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

[ATTACH]1871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1872[/ATTACH] the new grates on top the old ones on bottom left. the new ones are much beefier. should work sweet.

[ATTACH]1873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1875[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Kyote; 10-04-2009, 09:27 PM.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Very nice I like it.

Your gonna love that smoker.
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Dan's Lang is an object of worship... even without the embellishments.

That's a workhorse in dress uniform there... Dang!

BTW I gotta admit my nose was off this weekend... I was smelling a harsh smoke when it was not there. I should have known better- Langs rock! The taste buds were working tho... ;{)
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

My furry little friend, it's time to break that sucker in.
          No doubt who it belongs too.

Tom

Comment

when you die can i have your lang

glad you are back up and running

ps would it help if i called yu dad
            nice

pps if you want to wait a while before dieing that's ok with me
            Last edited by PreacherRodgers; 10-04-2009, 11:19 PM.
            Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Got'a love it all dressed up Bud. Your going to have a ton of fun with that...
              ---------------------------------------------------
              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Boy that is one snazzy looking smoker there Kyote! Nice equipment bud!
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Great job on the mods there Bill!
                  I love the kyote!
                  now the big question... When & what are you smoking for the maiden voyage???

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nice improvements Kyote, but I think it's time to fire that sucker up! Can't wait to see some good Q.
                    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    UniFlame Gas Grill
                    Lil Chief

Comment

Nice! Get after some grub on that thing!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

well, as I said I made better cooking grates for her, cut at 45 degrees and welded all around with out any holes or openings. even a heavier I.D. on the tubes.
                        I have been working hard to remove the weld splatter and make the welds look nice so grease ect will flow to the drains easy.

I washed her inside and out today. srubbed the inside well with scourin pads and hot soapy water. then used the weed burner to dry her fast.
                        then I melted some Crisco and bought several can of spray pam.
                        covered every inch out the inside of the lang with the pam and crisco.
                        then fired her up for the cure took her over 300 degrees several times each time It went over 300 I misted with distilled water. after the 3rd Time I loaded some peacan into the firebox and put the vents to almost closed and shut the lids to secure.
                        Right now the baby is getting a smoke seasoning.
                        should be done in a couple hours.
                        next weekend the 1st smoke..TA TA...
                        gads with all the excellent Q you all have been doing. It will be a toss up of what goes on. But she will be loaded. thats a fact. I think I need more thermometers with probes.
                        mavericks are the good ones?

thanks fer lookin..
                        Kyote

Comment

015.jpg

getting ready for the lang..

Comment

well she be workin out way better then I expected. will be firing her up friday 11-20-09 got more gobble byrd and pig T-loins maybe some ribs to boot. will be headed to sam's shortly to look for animal parts worthy of smokin. maybe git lucky and a deer hop out in front of the shoppin cart from the chili fields. my new Randall knife needs dullin

Comment

good luck with your smoke Bill. Have fun and enjoy the Lang brother!
                              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X