No announcement yet.

C_A's Damn Fine Choc Fudge Brownies :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C_A's Damn Fine Choc Fudge Brownies :-)

Spent some time recently researching brownie recipes and working out what did which. Came up with this recipe, did everything I wanted a brownie to do - plus it's dead easy to make :-)

These suckers are so good my tai-chi teacher had 2 (and he's a serious diabetic) Brownies so good they're worth going into a coma for ! lol

The Recipe

Ingredients

6 oz Milk chocolate (cadburys is best but any good milk chocolate will do and peppermint aero works a treat)
    2 oz dark chocolate - 75% cocoa solids or higher
    3 oz unsalted butter
    4 oz white sugar
    2 oz dark brown sugar
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    3 eggs lightly beaten
    4 oz general purpose flour
    2 oz low-cal choc drink.
    Lightly greased 8 inch square baking tin

I use low cal choc drinks as they taste a helluva lot more chocolatey then cocoa.

I pick them up at pound/buck stores :-)

Method

Selection of chocolate

Break milk & plain chocolate into large glass bowl, add butter and Microwave on high for 1 -2 minutes.
    Stir untill everything is melted and smooth.

Add sugars and vanilla extract and stir till thoroughly mixed.

Add the beaten egg - approximately one egg at a time and stir until mixed in smooth before adding more egg.

Sift choc-drink and flour into the bowl and stir untill it forms a smooth batter.
    Tip any little bits of chocolate left in the sieve into the mix as well.

Pour batter into baking tin and smooth mix over so that it's evenly distributed.

bake in the bottom half/centre of an oven at about 325 for 40-50 minutes.
    brownie is done when there is a firm surface crust that holds a dent.
    IMPORTANT.
    unlike normal cakes - brownies are better slightly undercooked than overcooked. So if in doubt take it out of the oven earlier rather than later.
    This particular recipe is for soft, fudgey brownies, don't expect it to be firm in the centre ;-).

cool completely (even better after an hour or two in the fridge) before cutting into small squares.

And that's it.
    I've made them with the cadburys dairy milk and with the peppermint aero now. Both were seriously moreish.
    I store them in small plastic containers (approx 12 squares to a container) and freeze them. Otherwise they don't last the day :-)

This is a great recipe for kids as it's one bowl, one wooden spoon and a quick burst in the microwave :-)

Although - as with all baking - it really helps if you have a self zeroing scales.

Anyway try them out and let me know what you think :-)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-05-2010, 07:13 AM.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Mmmm... LOVE brownies! Bet I could even pull this one off! Dark chocolate..problem..it'll never make it to the mix!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Alex, your brownies look really sinful..
      A couple of questions... AERO.. is that a mint chocolate candy bar?
      And Options, that is a hot chocolate mix? I have never seen either here state side

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

yep aero is a mint chocolate bar. Great stuff. But you can just use milk chocolate and add a few drops of mint essential oil to the mix - yes the stuff they sell for putting in baths and use in aromatherapy (best natural mint flavouring I've found). I just used it as an experiment - bloody succesful one as it turned out. But if you don't want mint choc brownies - don't add anyting minty :-)
        options is just what I got last time I bought some.
        Any low cal chocolate drink will do.

Actually if you don't get aero or mint oil. use 3 oz white sugar and 1 ounce of ground up polos (lifesavers ?)

As for chocolate (don't hit me) try and get either english or europaen milk chocolate - hersheys just doesn't cut it (smoors and peanut butter cups aside) it's just too greasy.
        I know for a fact that wallmart has a pretty decent selection of german and swiss chocolate.(well the one in cody, wyoming did a couple of years ago :-)

CDM (cadburys dairy milk is hands down the best - but a decent swiss effort will do lol)

If you do have to use hersheys milk cocolate - use 4 oz butter not three and 4 oz hersheys not 5 or 6.
        They're dark chocolate is fine - just so long as it's got a decent cocoa solids content.

Dark chocolate..problem..it'll never make it to the mix!
        then just use extra milk chocolate. This is a very sweet chocolatey mixture (which you just don't get using cocoa and dark chocolate). I had originally intended just to use milk chocolate but didn;t have enough first time round and added a little dark chocolate (I don't particularly like it so there's generally some around).
        As it turned out so good - I left the dark chocolate in. But it's not important :-)

The key points with this recipe are: lots of milk chocolate, low temp cooking, very little flour and no cocoa :-)
        Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-05-2009, 01:20 PM.
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

What.............No chocolate frosting?

Printed and in the book. Thanks CA. But my wife will kill me if she thinks I might want to try a brownie recipe other than hers.

Tom

Comment

tell her it's english chocolate cake ;-)
            And this stuff doesn't need frosting
            heat it up and have some whipped cream with it might be good :-)

I'll convert it up and stick in a cup measure recipe tomorrow.
            I tend to forget that most people don't have self zeroing scales - wouldn't be without a set myself :-)
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
            X