My Fall Garden...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fall Garden...

Since Alex & Big Guy have such great gardens .. My summer garden did not do so well.. But I have a fall garden that is second to no one...

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Considering what I'd have to go thru to get a decent garden, yours is prolly cheaper too ;{) Less work for sure!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ken do you mind putting a battery or a can of beer in the pic so we can relate it to the size of your veggies?
      Keith

Comment

That will have to wait till I go back to my garden...lol
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
          Ken do you mind putting a battery or a can of beer in the pic so we can relate it to the size of your veggies?
          Yeah...just grab a six from the next asile over eh?
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yeah Ken...I knew you were holdin out on us...

Hey wait...I didnt see any hot peppers...whats up with that?
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

You guys are a RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooops.How did that happen.....

Comment

Good one
                Col. Big Guy

Comment

Now thats funny KING Nice looking produce section Ken. Is that a store near you?

Comment

ALX, Your garden looks like those seen in alaska

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                    You guys are a RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooops.How did that happen.....

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                      ALX, Your garden looks like those seen in alaska
                      Full sun with varieties grown from seed that kick butt here.

I foliar feed fish emulsion and kelp extract every 2 weeks or so.

Add my leaf compost to root-zone and away they go.

I averaged 5 quarts a plant-about average-76 plants total-50 canners...1 plant died.

Guess 25 years in the plot growing helps as well....

Comment

It is a beauty. I really need to tile my garden. I have a heavy clay loam, and even if you work it up nice ( and it does) a big rain and then some hot sun, you can pull a weed one. They just break off, I have been gardening this 115x50 foot plot for 15 years. I need to add maybe some greensand and alot of compost, but tileing would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                          It is a beauty. I really need to tile my garden. I have a heavy clay loam, and even if you work it up nice ( and it does) a big rain and then some hot sun, you can pull a weed one. They just break off, I have been gardening this 115x50 foot plot for 15 years. I need to add maybe some greensand and alot of compost, but tileing would really help.
                          Tilled 3/4 of mine today.Cover-crop tomorrow after work.

I added green sand and rock phosphate every 3-4 years-made by espoma..

I am 300 yards from water and sand is most of soil,but thin layer of clay in some areas....The finished compost has definetly given me earthworms etc.
                          This plot had texture of sandbox years ago with no earthworms...

Comment

alx i see the fence. criiters I guess? around here the badgers and rabbits tunnel under and over and the deer hop on in like nothing is there. seems you have them under control. and the birds. well they are a formidable pest
                            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Ahh heck!! That's what my garden looks like now too!
                              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X