Teriyaki Jerky W/Qview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teriyaki Jerky W/Qview

Some of you may have seen my post of getting a Globe ChefMate 12" slicer with a cabelas 160 liter dehydrator for $275. I really only wanted the slicer, and hadn't made any jerky in a long time, so decided to make some. The first batcch I made I used Eye of Round roasts and used the recipe in Rytek Kutos's book, and it turned out real good.
    For my next batch I used this Teriyaki recipe I found on the web:

Ingredients

3 lbs. beef
    1-1/2 cups Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. onion powder
    1 tsp. ground ginger
    1 tsp. salt.
    1 tbsp. liquid smoke (optional)
    1 tbsp. black pepper (optional)

To this I added 3 TBS of brown sugar, and substituted Prague #1 for the salt, as Ryteks recipe called for 1 tsp/3 lbs of meat in the marinade. I also used 3 TBS of Black Pepper instead of one.

Sliced up 2 eye of rounds that I got at Sams Club:

Into the marinade:

Loaded in the dehydrator, this thing will hold 25 shelves...

Cooling on the racks. This recipe tastes pretty darned good!!

Dave

nice dehydrator.........tho liquid smoke?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
      nice dehydrator.........tho liquid smoke?

It does say optional...

Comment

Looks sweet to me.Nice job...

Comment

WoW TeX That looks like some nice equipment you got there. And that jerky looks damned good too.

Comment

I don't have a problem with liquid smoke myself for certain recipes. Sometime you just want alittle in some chili or a sauce. Or just dehydrating jerky.

Comment

OH Yeah, I think you nailed it right there. Love the additional 3X pepper and the addition of Brown Sugar into this recipe. Sounds like what I would do, a little heat & some sweet!

And nice equipment you have in the photo's as well...... I personally, don't have a name or anything on my stuffer.... I feel left out... I guess since I don't "rock" any tatoos I could put a decal or something on my sh!t eh? ..

Great Job from me Bro!
              sigpic

Comment

Very nice Jerky TX. Great gear too...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  . I personally, don't have a name or anything on my stuffer.... I feel left out... I guess since I don't "rock" any tatoos I could put a decal or something on my sh!t eh? ..!
                  Ha, that's pretty funny...no decals or tattoos, just the brand name of the stuffer.. F. Di(k is the brand, they make high quality stuff.

Dave

Comment

Nice dehydrator. Looks like they came out good.
                    Keith

Comment

Looks great! Love the dehydrator!
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

That Dehydrator's a nice bit of kit - thought my excalibur was good - that things makes it look like a crackerjack toy lol

If you want a smokey flavour without liquid smoke - smoke your herbs and spices and use them for the marinade.

I use a helluva lot of smoked paprika, really makes a difference.
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                          That Dehydrator's a nice bit of kit - thought my excalibur was good - that things makes it look like a crackerjack toy lol

If you want a smokey flavour without liquid smoke - smoke your herbs and spices and use them for the marinade.

I use a helluva lot of smoked paprika, really makes a difference.
                          That's a good idea CA, I might try taking them out of the dehydrator and putting them in my sausage smoker for a while too.

Dave

Comment

Wow that is an awesome dehydrator! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
                            ________
                            HALF-BAKED
                            Last edited by Rich Parker; 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM.
                            WSM and UDS - iBQ'n BBQ Team co-founder TheBBQSuperstore.com

Comment

Working...
                            X