Peter Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Peppers

I was unaware of this pepper till I read of someone using it in chili on a hunting/fishing forum I frequent.
    Here is the post -
    "Last spring I ordered on e-bay 1 packet of penis peppers (look it up) I read up on them after I put about 1/3 of one in the road kill chili. I live too far from the hospital to eat the chili .How do I get the awful hot out with out throwing out 4 gallons of chili. Those peppers will leave blisters on you hands at least that is what it says. I tasted it and it felt like it burned a hole thru my tongue. Tried milk,crackers.I tried to scrub it off like one of the guys who shines shoes and all that did was spread the burn My eyes have watered for 2 hrs, this thing is about 10 times hotter than a habanaro."

I searched on eBay and google, it sounds like a hot pepper rated at a heat level 9. Anyone else familiar with this pepper?

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

I thought this was a joke. It's not. They're real.
    I've seen different heat ranges, from mild to fire breathing dragon hot, so I don't know what's what with them. What I do know is; some of the church ladies help Cheryl with her gardening from time to time and I couldn't imagine their reaction if they see these.

Tom

Comment

... ... Need to get/grow some of these just for that purpose ... ...

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      I thought this was a joke. It's not. They're real.
      I've seen different heat ranges, from mild to fire breathing dragon hot, so I don't know what's what with them. What I do know is; some of the church ladies help Cheryl with her gardening from time to time and I couldn't imagine their reaction if they see these.

Comment

I have not grown,but have seen them on a gardening forum i frequent.Always thought they were more of a novelty,but never grown...

I wonder if the darker ones are bigger

Comment

Oh Man!.....I just got the Look! Okay....Louie....I ain't gonna order some seeds! Geee....
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
            LMAO
            where was the spew warning? farking coffee all over Ry's laptop!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
              I have not grown,but have seen them on a gardening forum i frequent.Always thought they were more of a novelty,but never grown...

Mike
              Oklahoma City
              22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
              Weber 22.5 Performer
              GOSM 3405gw
              Boomer Sooner Drum
              Maverick ET-732
              Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
              A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

I grew some of them this year too, but with the bad weather we had, none of them reached puberty.

Comment

http://www.chickenup.com/Peter_Peppe...er_peppers.htm

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

We've grown these for the last 3 or 4 years. There's no way that 1/2 of one of these chili's would make a 4 gallon pot of chilli too hot to eat. There are actually yellow and red peter peppers. Yellow being more mild. On the flavor end of it, I think these peppers have some of best flavor, really bright and fresh. The red does have some heat to them, but I'm able to take a bite of one without it killing me...my husband can't watch when I do that or cut the end off...
                    Mustang electric smoker
                    King Kooker vertical gasser
                    Charbroil silver smoker
                    Earnhardt Jr smoker
                    Brinkman smoke n' grill
                    a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
                      We've grown these for the last 3 or 4 years. There's no way that 1/2 of one of these chili's would make a 4 gallon pot of chilli too hot to eat. There are actually yellow and red peter peppers. Yellow being more mild. On the flavor end of it, I think these peppers have some of best flavor, really bright and fresh. The red does have some heat to them, but I'm able to take a bite of one without it killing me...my husband can't watch when I do that or cut the end off...
                      OUCH!!!!

Tom

Comment

my husband can't watch when I do that or cut the end off...
                        shellbellc
                        That is because all your husband can think is Lorena Bobbitt when you are doing that !!!
                        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Where do you get your seeds from ?

Comment

Working...
                          X