Never done much CI/DO cooking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never done much CI/DO cooking...

and am getting interested in trying it out. Where would you recommend purchasing some CI cookware? What prices should I expect?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
    "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
    PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Keep checking yard sales and flea markets. Occasionally I run across some super finds. Especially look for the Griswold and Wagner brand names. Those are some of the best. I have several Lodge brand pieces that are pretty good too.

My wife swears by an enameled cast iron Dutch Oven that I got her. It cooks just as nice as regular bare cast iron, but doesn't need seasoning and you can wash it right in the dishwater although it cleans up very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by MichChef View Post
      Keep checking yard sales and flea markets. Occasionally I run across some super finds. Especially look for the Griswold and Wagner brand names. Those are some of the best. I have several Lodge brand pieces that are pretty good too.
      Yep, that's right. Also Craig's List and thrift stores. I attended couple "pioneer descendants gatherings" last summer and there was quite a few nice pieces for sale at them. Cheap too.

Tom

Comment

a great place to start.............

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi...num=1223902841

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

If you have any antique stores around your area, give those a peek as well. The other suggestions of flea markets, garage sales, and Craigslist are perfect.

If you want to purchase something brand new, I have several pieces from Lodge, already pre-seasoned, that I love. You can get those pieces anywhere from Gander mountain, to Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
          Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
          sigpic

Comment

I sneak over to my folk's house & hmmm....i'll have that! They eat out & will never miss it!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I've been finding them at thrift stores. Replacing most of my cookware to CI.

The big Lodge DO I have, I got a gift card for Xmas and it was on sale. Best time to nab it. Keep that in mind too. Coming up soon. Put the hints out early.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
              X