Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I De-Bone a Drumstick

Alright, let's try this again.
    This is how I de-bone a chicken leg. I'm new to the video thing so bear with me. I'll get better, I promise.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13GXa0FKMg[/yt]

Tom

kewl beans buddy..........thankx

did you make ANY kind of slice to START with?

and i think you have a smoke detector, that needs a new battery..........LOL
    Last edited by Walking Dude; 10-26-2009, 06:22 PM.

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Learn something every day, thanks Gunny
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
        did you make ANY kind of slice to START with?
        Nope, just cut it from the thigh.

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
        and i think you have a smoke detector, that needs a new battery..........LOL
        That's funny. That's the smoke detector next to the wood stove which is in the basement. Every time I talk to Cheryl on the phone, and she's down there, I can here that stupid thing chirp, and I tell her to get a new battery. Been telling her daily for years. We're so used to it, we never hear it when we're there. Funny.

Tom

Comment

Here's what I would do.....wrap my lips around the leg, close my teeth and give a good pull. Video coming soon!
          www.nopigleftbehind.com
          -----------------------------

Comment

Yer a natcheral! Thanks Gunny!
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Great Video Tom Tom Tenden Tendon's

Comment

Thanks for the instruction, Tom. Now we need a video showing what you do with them after they're deboned.

I just looked at the next post down and you already had shown us cordon bleu. Thanks.
                sigpic
                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Good vid Tom, I'm gonna try that this weekend.
                  Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                  Ducane 4100 propane grill
                  Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                    Thanks for the instruction, Tom. Now we need a video showing what you do with them after they're deboned.

I just looked at the next post down and you already had shown us cordon bleu. Thanks.
                    Stuff them with anything. Stovetop works for a quick stuffing, and I happen to like Stovetop. Kelly did those killer celery, carrot, onion, crimini mushroom, pancetta, and Ivernia stuffing drumsticks. I've done cream cheese, cheddar and bacon, mozzarella. Just whatever you fell like doing.

Tom

Comment

Very informative Gunner. Kudos Bud, I think even I can do this (Well maybe)...
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Now, can you do a turkey leg the same way. I've got to try a turkey leg and stuff it with a fattie.

Sweet............. thanks Tom.
                        20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                        36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                        22" webber
                        several burners
                        pool/spa (of course)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thepoolguy View Post
                          Now, can you do a turkey leg the same way. I've got to try a turkey leg and stuff it with a fattie.

Sweet............. thanks Tom.
                          I was thinking about a turkey leg the other day, what with Thanksgiving approaching and all. And thought about all those damn tough tendons. But they can be worked around too. And stuffed with a fattie, now that might be good. Just be sure the middle of the fattie is 170°.
                          This is why I like the members at this forum. Most are a cut above the ordinary basic smokers at other sites. It's like this place is where the "advanced" cooks go. The creativity here is astounding.
                          BTW, nice to see ya dude.

Tom

Comment

too lazy to look up the orginal thread that started THIS thread.

do you sew up the opening, or toothpick it or what?

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there aint much you can't do Tom. Nothing better than stuff stuffed with stuff and wrapped with stuff.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X