Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first shot at sourdough

The sourdough starter.

I got the gumption to be a rookie bread head. Started some sourdough starter almost 2 weeks ago. Been feeding it regularly and talkin' to it all nice like...whispering sweet nothin's in its container

With the help of the wife, we put it to the test. Using commercial yeast in this starter and in the makings of the bread dough. Using bread flour. let rise 8 hrs and punch down and let set another 2 hrs. Baked for 1 hr. WOO buddy!! Sliced ready to be toasted with some eggs and bacon this morning! It's on now! Gunny you are a great bread headed inspiration ! Thanks bud !

Cookin' Crew...couldn't of done it with out 'em!

Thanks for checkin out our bread.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

OMG!!! Santa's helpers are adorable! MUAH to my beautiful Greg, Roisin & Rourke!!

Oh the bread!! It looks fantastic, gimme a warm slice with some butter! Nicely done my baby brother!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Very impressive! Points!
      Keith

Comment

Very nice Ryan. Love sourdough. Keep saying one of these days.... I can make lots of good chow, just never got the hang of bread.

Ever made french toast with that? My favorite.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

from me too. And not just for the bread, but for getting the little ones involved.
          Great job. I bet it tastes just awesome. Now next time don't use commercial yeast and see how much better it tastes. Great to see you guys getting into making bread.

Tom

Comment

Thank you all for the kind word and the points!
            The imagination is racing now. I'm thinking bread bowls for some chili! Gonna have to study that one.
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Man OH man- I gotta get over my baking phobia. They rape ya for good bread at the stores. And I refuse to buy crap...

Nice work UH... I'm pointin' ya!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That reminds me, I have yet to post my bread bowl recipe that WD asked for many moons ago.

Comment

Working...
                X