You Won't Believe Your Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Won't Believe Your Eyes

We've been out, cut about 1 and a half cords of firewood, scouted a bit for deer, and now I'm experimenting with the sourdough.

I got the inspiration for this from here. The Foppish Baker Some good stuff there. While you're there check out his/her (really I have no idea) pumpkin and cinnamon frosted muffins.
    Anyway, he/she used commercial yeast and I just had to try this using sourdough.
    It's like Neapolitan ice cream. I will post my recipe after a pic of the baked loaf is posted. So be patient, it's in the oven now.

You can see already that the strands are not uniform in thickness, so it will probably be lop-sided. That's OK, it's just an experiment right now.
    I suppose this would be considered a desert bread.

Tom

I think you missed your calling. Take that commercial building you own, and open a bakery. I'd like to apply for the "official taste tester" position.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
      I think you missed your calling. Take that commercial building you own, and open a bakery. I'd like to apply for the "official taste tester" position.
      I agree............ you can always use your 9 yard mixer for flour and water!!!!!!

That looks good Tom ,, can't wait to see the results.
      20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
      36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
      22" webber
      several burners
      pool/spa (of course)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thepoolguy View Post
        I agree............ you can always use your 9 yard mixer for flour and water!!!!!!

Lol. Didn't think of that. Better than a Hobart.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

looks great, can hardly wait for the recipe
          Stickan

Comment

Finished product here. It did just what I thought it would do, it rose and baked a bit lop-sided. But WOW, it's very good. The flavors are very light, so not at all like eating cake. I was afraid of it being cake-like, but it's is excellent with butter, just like bread should be.

As you can see, no real uniformity to it at all. Not pleased with the appearance, but......... The vanilla actually rose better than the chocolate and strawberry. No idea why, but I will most definitely investigate it. Maybe I could have let it proof for a longer time and the chocolate and strawberry would have "caught up" I don't know.

One thing is for sure, even if it tastes like crap, it looks awesome.

Ain't it pretty?

Tom

Comment

Now THAT'S cool! Hmm a honey butter schmear- WOW! Impressive as usually, Gunny!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Appearence is not flavor. Who cares what it looks like, as long as your happy with the taste. Thats why I like to make my rustic breads. Not too fancy.

Comment

That is freakin' awesome, Tom!!

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Man,you are an inspiration to get back into baking my own

Comment

I agree! WOW! I'm gonna enjoy watchin' this happen! Go Gunny...Go Gunny... !!
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Thanks man, but mine is 10 1/2 yards, so I can make 1000 more loaves.

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                        I agree! WOW! I'm gonna enjoy watchin' this happen! Go Gunny...Go Gunny... !!
                        Ryan, look up^^. No, a little farther up^^^^^. It's finished bud.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                          Thanks everyone.

Thanks man, but mine is 10 1/2 yards, so I can make 1000 more loaves.

Ryan, look up^^. No, a little farther up^^^^^. It's finished bud.
                          You guys got front or rear discharge?

2 Weber Kettles
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Chargriller Smoking Pro Offset
                          Brinkman ECB
                          Charbroil 940X
                          Project UDS
                          Brinkman Turkey Fryer

Comment

That thing is a work of art!!
                            Keith

Comment

Man....Tom! Louie said that is just beautiful! I agree!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                              X