partridge with mushroom wild rice in dutch oven w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partridge with mushroom wild rice in dutch oven w/pics

this recipie i found in a wild game cookbook i had, can use any partridge type gamebird, grouse, pheasant, also says works with quartered duck or geese as well. if you dont have any a that i think chicken could be substituted.

fresh mushrooms coarse chopped, wild rice and sunflowwer seeds, 2 cans cream a celery soup, and the bird pieces

to the pot add 3 cups chicken stock,both cans cream of celery,2 cups halved fresh mushrooms, 1.5 cups of rinsed wild rice, 1 cup diced red onion,.5 cup sunflower seeds, 4 Tbl. worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, .5 tsp. CBP

and the bird of your choice

after about 3.5 hrs, use enuff coals to maintain around 325 degrees and cook till rice and meat are tender.

the bird and the rice are at 12 oclock, will post the venison stew and the rolled roast separate

thks for cking my pix!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Man...that sure looks tasty! Pats are probably my favorite game bird. Nice shootin' - din't see any BB holes LOL!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

oh the wild rice will make any meal 1st class. that looks great. thank for the insperations.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Wow Erain! That is one beautifully plated meal of homey goodness. Looks fabulous
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Nice shootin' - din't see any BB holes LOL!
          wish i could say it was so rich!!! keep the purty pieces to the top turned in the right direction and the partial pieces to the bottom. that being able to look at the pic with these digitals right away and make necessary adjustments...
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X