Finally found my pork liver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found my pork liver!

Inspired by this post, http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4522 , by Cajunsmoke13, I was set out to make some authentic Boudin last weekend. Could not find pork liver in 5 different markets. I did not want to sub chicken or beef, as CS13 recommended not too.

So found it at the big new Chinese market next to the pork kidney, spleen, heart, and the quarts of pure, fresh pork blood. I think they sell every part of the animal there.
    Keith

Congratulations on the find Keith.... Keep us posted on the Boudin.
    sigpic

Comment

What don't they sell in an Asian market? Tree ears. Need I say more?
      I'm trying to find a recipe for rabbit liver Braunschweiger.

Tom

Comment

pork blood. Makes you wonder why they sell that crap. I guess the vampire rumors are true LOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Blood sausage.......very good. And also some recipes call for it in liver sausage and grit sausage.

Comment

Many a Hungarian (close to Romania) might argue, Tim.

Hunkies make a pork liver and rice sausage called "hurka" (sp?). QUITE tasty. And a good blood one too. One of nature's finest thickners and binders.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
              and the quarts of pure, fresh pork blood.

Actually my Dad made an excellent liver sausage and head cheese as I recall. That liver sausage with eggs was a darn good breakfast.

So I am sure I've probably eaten the stuff . . . or worse . . . just didn't realize it.

Dave
              Last edited by DDave; 11-05-2009, 08:31 AM.
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

many peeps shun away from organ meats, but pork liver sausage is great stuff... at least the stuff we make, from grandparents recipie. been eating it since a little kid. like it baked til golden crispy on outside and serve on buttered toast... cant wait to see your boudin!!!
                Charbroil SFB
                GOSM
                MES
                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X