Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Beans and Rice/Thighs with Fresh Mustard Greens

These are Turtle Beans(black) i grow...

Some of my dehydrated powders,cumin seed i toasted and ground,plus a fresh mirasol all added to the rice

Added cooked rice,celery,fresh scallions...

My elderly mom said "do not cook the marinated thighs like that competition crap" so i got the lump roaring hot on kettle and added a little of uncle honkeys olive wood-love the smell of olive wood-anytime...

Kale and mustard greens i grow and use all fall/winter

Kale

My favorite mustard greens

mustard greens washed and sauteed in bacon fat

Mustard greens with the bacon bits and a little red wine vineager

Dinner....

Man it must be nice to have the fertile land and growing season to allow such wonderful home grown stuff...sigh.

"Competition crap" heh... she knows, don't she? ;{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Dayum.... Northern boy Likes Greens... Even tho no Turnip greens in there I will give you a pass.. Hell you might have some Texan in you..

One fine plate of grub Alex... Bravo..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I think it's called "Garden Envy" ..... and "Dinner Envy"

Nice work bud.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Dayum.... Northern boy Likes Greens... Even tho no Turnip greens in there I will give you a pass.. Hell you might have some Texan in you..

One fine plate of grub Alex... Bravo..
          Love my turnip greens KEN..Gave some turnips to the neigbor the other day.He and misses love the greens.Yes sir-love the beet greens i grow too....Just getting out of bow season....The 84 year old coot next door gave me a roast he shot with his crooss-bow-legal here now.He told me he can not pull the compound anymore....

Rifled shotgun starts soon here.Can not fire a non muzzle load rifle in this county

Texan.My sis is in terlingua all week trying to win the red chile comp.She does ok for a east coaster.They like it down your way friend.I am more of a roughneck alaska guy myself....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
            Rifled shotgun starts soon here.Can not fire a non muzzle load rifle in this county
            Can't anywhere south of a line from just over the tip of the thumb straight west here, either. But most deer are taken at under 100 yards. And alot less than 50. Centerfire don't have buckshot. ;{)
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Can't anywhere south of a line from just over the tip of the thumb straight west here, either. But most deer are taken at under 100 yards. And alot less than 50. Centerfire don't have buckshot. ;{)
              YEP My neighbor is old ,,but as he said the tip on this cross-bow fired arrow expands 4-6 inches and just smacked the 2 deer he shot.

Clean kills from 30 yards.SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Alex, another beautiful plate you have put together. Black beans and rice sir and you have my full attention. Awesome green thumb you have as well bud!
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

dang awesome pics, tell ya bud, you got one heck of a garden, seen other pics in oother posts and it is all great!!! oh yeah and the food looks awesome as well. and homegrown at that....

ps: you should find out a lil more about them arrow tips, 4-6 inches is quite the spread i wouldnt mind looking them up...
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Great spread ALX as always. You sure know how to serve it up. to you my friend...
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

Man.....you can dang sure get after it! Nice!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Nothing wrong with a muzzle load, should only need one shot anyway! .308 Winchester at the cabin and .50 Thompson Center at the house.
                        sigpic

GOSM/propane
                        UDS (Cam)/lump
                        22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                        Weber Genesis/propane
                        Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Dang Alex, that is one fine plate of foodage you put together!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I don't think it gets much fresher than that. My mouth is still pooling from that ...

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                            Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X