Sourdough Serenity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourdough Serenity

I am really getting a kick out of this bread gig! And the family is real appreciative too.
    As I dig through this wonderful treasure trove, of a forum, I stumbled on a sour dough site posted here. http://www.sourdoughhome.com/recipes.html I used the English muffin bread recipe. Here is the bowl after 1st rise with baking soda and warm water stirred in.

These were yesterday's batch poured in the pans for the final rise, before going in to the oven. These rise times seem to be a bit lengthy. Hours upon hours for each rise.

After 30 minutes on 375* mid oven rack. Cooling for a few minutes.

Out of pans cooling on the cooling racks.

cut in half.

Sliced. I was so very impressed with this bread, I gave it all away to family. These buggers took me every bit of a day to make, with rise times in the rising bowl at 4 hours plus. And then again in the final rise in the pans. The taste is beautiful though and worth the work and the wait.

This is dawn's crack/ the moon rise in the morning. I love the peacefulness of an Early morning. Add some bread baking and it really soothes the soul

Well since I had already made my mind up, to give away the loaves of bread, that I just made. Here is the second batch beng made as the 1st ones were cooling.

This time they went into the glass ware pans. These were baked the same amount of time and temp. I did notice that they seemed to brown much lighter in these pans

Cooling this morning.

Toasted this bread once it was sliced. buttered

Bread critiquing. Thumbs up on this one!
    Thank you for checkin' out my bread view.
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Wow Uncle-Honky, your turning into a real bread head. Great looking dough Bud. You sure make it look easy...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KCBS CBJ

Comment

I have been around much lately. The reason? Been doing the bread forums/websites!

I discovered a STIFF Sourdough Starter, at the Fresh Loaf website. Also been at the wild yeast, and mike avery's website.

I am a BIG fan of a real SOUR sourdough, and I haven't been lucky to get that taste yet. BUTT, I think I have found the reason/lite! A STIFF starter! That, and retarding the bread in the fridge. REALLY kicks up the sourdough flavor.

SO, dude, if you have only been doing a liquid starter, check out a stiff starter. You won't be disapppointed.

BTW, nice breads. I know the bread making fever, cause i have it BAD....lol

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Mmmm. Awesome!!! I love sourdough bread soo much that I think there might be something wrong with me.
        I watched moist chunks of hand-chopped pig fall from my overstuffed sandwich as I thanked God for North Carolina. ~ Chris Lilly

Comment

Good looking sourdough, Ryan! for baking for two solid days.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice muffy's Ryan, I have a nice Rye sour goin on the second rise as we speak. I wondered what the heck happened to you Steve, I was gonna call you.

Comment

Very nice Sir. to you. Gotta try this one. We make lots of English muffins, but never in a loaf pan.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X